Chapter 11

The ultramen stood in outer space looking at the planet they just fled. It had only been a few minutes but there was still no sign of their friend. Zero had regained some of his energy after Geed, Zett and Orb gave him some of theirs.

In an instant, darkness swept across the planet and covered the entirety of it. It wasn't a planet anymore. Just a big ball of black.

The darkness was so overwhelming that going near it hurt them. But Zero being as stubborn as he is still tried going anyway, only to be held back by Rosso and Blu.

"Zero don't-"

"She's still in there! We need to-"

"Zero!" Orb grabbed the ultras shoulder and slowly shook his head. If it hurt them to even go near the darkness, who knows what might happen if they just dive in.

Because of that, they came to a silent realization that maybe Chiara, who was still trapped in there, while fighting off a crazy alien woman, could have already...

All of a sudden, a ray of light cut through the darkness. It ate away at it until,finally the darkness that covered the planet was completely casted away. Zero wasted no time in making a mad dash towards the planet, leaving the others scrambling after him.

In record time, he was back at the place where they left her. And sure enough, there she was laying on the ground.

"Chiara!" He called out to her. Her eyes, colour lamp and erium lamp were dull. Fortunately he could still feel life energy from her. But the weird thing is, her life energy felt normal and not like an injured ultra. Just then, the others arrived and was met with the sight of Zero cradling the purple ultra.

"Is she?..." They all feared the worst.

"We need to get her to Mother of-" Ginga was cut of when Chiara's color lamp glowed brightly. She was then lifted into the air as streaks of light swirled around her from head to toe. Light surrounded her entire being until they couldn't see her at all.

Once the light finally died down, what they saw shocked them. They fully expected to see Chiara,the ultra that they knew. But what stood before them was a girl. A literal girl.

Long silver hair decorated with ornaments cascaded down her back and shoulders. She had on a purple warrior-like outfit with some scaly features, pieces of armour and flowing translucent cloth. And were those butterfly wings on her back? They looked so beautiful.

Slowly, she opened her eyes and the first thing she saw was everybody staring at her. Some in awe, some dumbfounded.

"Chiara?..."

"Uh, yeah?" She smiled awkwardly. Fear and anxiety washed over her. What would they think of her now that she's different?

A beat of silence passed, before Zett suddenly yelled excitedly,

"This is so ultra cool!"

Wait what?

"Wha- I look... different. That doesn't bother you guys?" She asked cautiously.

"What's there to be bothered about? No matter what you are you're still our friend." Orb assured her.

"That's right! Besides, you look ultra pretty! Right Master?" Zett exclaimed turning to said ultra.

"Huh? Um-yeah.You look cool." Zero stammered. She was already pretty before as an ultra. Yet now, she was down right stunning. Though, it's not something he would outright admit.

"Uhh...what are you exactly?" Geed asked.

Oh dear. How does she explain this? Hi, I'm a fairy? But since she's standing at equal height with them, and ultras are giants compared to regular humans.... Hi, I'm a giant mutated fairy?

She has an idea of how she ended up like this. But the science and magic behind it all is confusing. Not to mention she's originally the size of a human. Still, she's retaining her fairy form among her ultra friends. So she opted for the simplest answer.

"I'm...a fairy."
....
....
....

"Ehh?!?!?"

"But-but aren't fairies supposed to be reeeeally tiny, tinier than humans, and make bell noises?" Blu assumed.

"You mean tinkerbell? Isn't that a movie?"

Oh yeah, it slipped her mind that some of these guys are from earth. And since fairies aren't really active there, atleast her kind, the fairies they know might greatly differ from the one she is. Plus the fact that the multiverse comes into play. Fairies like her may not exist at all.

"Where I'm from, fairies are like me. What you just describe was a pixie, minus the bell noise." She said.

"Where you're from...Chiara, do you have your memories back?" Rosso asked. The question made her froze.

You'd think someone would be delighted to get their memories back. But for Chiara, she had mixed feelings about it. On one hand, she's relieved to have her memories and be able to turn into a fairy again. On the other hand, her past isn't so sunshine and rainbows.

"...Yes...I have." Chiara replied hesitantly.

But all it took was one question. One simple question given by Orb.

"Does this mean you know how you got here?"

All the memories suddenly hit her like a ton of bricks. She was reminded of things that she truly wanted to forget. It made her heart well up in pain.

Hurt. Anger. Sadness. Loneliness. Betrayal.

Those were the feelings buried deep in her heart. Even when she remembered nothing, the pain still remained. She never knew the cause of it. It was made better through the bonds she shared with the new generation and everyone else she met along the way.

Thanks to them, she now knows what it felt like to have actual friends you can rely on. They excepted her even when she had no memories.

But now,with her memories regained, she knows the cause of her heartache. And remembering it all just made those painful emotions resurface. Especially the events leading up to her arrival and becoming an ultra.

The rush of bad memories made her head hurt.

"Oh please. What does a fairy know?"

"Can we really trust her?"

"Wait! It's not what you think!"

"It's just... Zatanna's been here longer. So when it comes to magic stuff we-"

"Who knows what might happen if she poses as a threat. I doubt some fairy school is equipped to handle that kind of power."

It suddenly felt hard to breath. She didn't realize tears were running down her pale white cheeks. All the awful memories were playing in her head like a movie and she couldn't make it stop.

"Chiara!" "Chiara!" "Chiara!"

She heard the worried voices coming from the ultras around her as she staggered from side to side, not being able to keep her balance. She felt like she was about to drop but didn't.

With pain written all over her face, Chiara looked up and saw Zero looking at her worriedly. One arm was around her shoulders while he leaned her against him to keep her steady and from falling.

Tearfully she whispered,

"Please...please don't hate me..."

_________________________________________

To clarify, for any of you who are familiar with Winx Club fairy forms, Chiara's transformation isn't bloomix. Her current form shares similarities with bloomix since her powers come from an ancient dragon like Bloom's.

The form she has now is something above enchantix that's derived from her dragon spark. Thus, it's similar to bloomix and why I put the vid up there to give you guys an idea of how she looks like as a fairy. She doesn't really shout out her transformation like the Winx do so there isn't a name for it.