Why would the master of the magic tower be here?

Start from the beginning

His smile didn't fade. He kept looking at me, and while I was lost in thought, he waited. I contemplated between asking him how he found me or to ask him to leave and I was taking a bit too much time.

...

...

I kept thinking about it. In fact, I was taking so much time, some of the customers glanced at me in concern. But I was lost. Didn't I leave all of my past behind? I thought I wouldn't have to meet anyone from there ever again. Well, the rest of them are dead after all.

Everyone except Hael and I

...

...

Hael decided to talk first, "Do you know what gave you away?" I raised my head and glared at him while he pointed at my foot, "Your limp" He didn't wait for me to think again, he just outright gave me the answer.

!!!

"What?" It hit me hard. My eyes went wide, then I frowned, "Did you see me yesterday?"

His smile widened, "Did you think I could ever miss you?"

"Yes," I replied, "I went by just fine for two years," I balled my fists, "You didn't find me for two years,"

"Quite impressive," He replied softly, "I can't believe I missed you when you're living in the same city as I am,"

That was my aim. Be right under his nose, a place to least expect someone. The mages of the magic tower live in the second largest city of the kingdom. While the temple and the Royal palace are in the capitol.

"There are thousands of girls with black hair, black eyes, less if you count them selling gems. A lot of people do that too. I had so many people on the lookout for people like you, but I still couldn't find you." He smiled, "But someone who also limps." He smirked, "I had to take my chances the most I caught sight of you," He glanced at my hair, "The hair color change was a wise idea though."

I frowned.

I didn't think he'd come looking for me. How stupid of me. I should have known that the silver butterfly was from him. I just refused to accept that he saw me and so I didn't even think about it.

I hid my limp for all the other people aside from the people in the mansion for this exact reason. I feared someone might notice.

I never thought he'd want to find me. He has no reason to

Unless

A swirl of anxiety crept around my chest.

"Why are you here?" I asked again, this time more grimly, "You have no reason to be here, unless you want to kill me as well-"

"I'm not going to kill you," He answered me before I could properly finish. His answer made me frown. For him to answer this fast, it must mean he's not lying.

But then why?

"Then why are you here?" My question was followed by silence. He thought about it as his gaze dropped to the counter.

...

"If you're not going to answer," I said, "Then you can leave-"

"Tea," He did answer but it looked it like an excuse,

"What?" I was confused

He looked at me again, "To have some tea."

???

"What?" I shook my head, "What are you talking about?"

"I always served you tea." He passed me a sly smile, "I wanted to have some from you." He shrugged, "It's simple. I would like some tea,"

"And why would I serve you tea?" I folded my arms.

He looked around, "Well, this is a cafe," He tilted his head, "I'm sure you have tea." His smile was pissing me off. It gave him an impression of 'Mister know it all'

...

"Fine," I turned around to go and grab the tea pot, "But you leave after having tea."

He let out a snicker, "That's no way to treat your customers, My Lady."

I scoffed, rolling my eyes as I poured the hot water into a teapot. "You're not a customer, Hael."

"Then what am I?"

"You're an uninvited guest, that nobody wants here." I said, "You and I are strangers,"

"Hmm?" Hael leaned back a little, a mischievous glint in his eyes. He chuckled, undeterred by my obvious annoyance. "Ah, but isn't every stranger just a potential customer waiting to be won over?"

Rolling my eyes, I grabbed the tea pot and began to prepare his order, trying to ignore the way he seemed to be thoroughly enjoying getting under my skin.

As I poured the hot water into his cup, he leaned back in, watching me with a bemused expression. "You know, you're quite good at this," He commented casually.

I shot him a skeptical look. "Flattery won't get you anywhere." I slammed the cup on the counter, "Your order," I passed it to him and he picked it up.

He grinned, taking a sip of his tea. "Who said I was trying to get anywhere? Sometimes, it's just nice to enjoy a good cup of tea in the company of an interesting person." He took a whiff of the tea, "Who would have thought, we'd see a day like this," He glanced at me, "A lady where you'd serve me."

I rolled my eyes again, resisting the urge to pour the scalding tea over his head. "Don't push your luck," I warned, folding my arms across my chest, "I really don't want you here, Hael."

He sipped his tea, "Not bad,"

He was making me angry, "Drink this and get out."

He took another sip from his cup, slowly, his eyes on me as he did it. And even when he sipped, I could see that grin of his. He took a slow long sip, then brought the cup down, "I'll think about it."

My mouth hung open, "What? Aren't you leaving?"

"I was just thinking." He ignored my question again.

"What?" I said, annoyed.

"You're quite cruel, My lady." He brought the cup down from his lips.

I stared at him, "What?" I shook my head.

"You used my body and then abandoned me." He said it right when the place went quiet.

!!!?!!