Ch. 9 There's Always a But

Lucy ran as fast as she could. The streets of Magnolia were empty, devoid of life. The streetlights had an eerie glow to them giving the town a dark feel. It made Lucy's anxiety shoot up, fear crawling under her skin of what might be going on. It got darker and darker the faster she got away from the center of the town as if something was awaiting at the outskirts of the town.

Lucy knew exactly where she was going, but still couldn't shake the fear of something happening in the outskirts of town. Anything could happen and that made Lucy's skin crawl. Last time, some wind mage attacked Gray. What if that person comes again? Leave another nasty message again?

She quickly took the road to Fairy Hills, having only been there once before. She ran faster, her heart pounding in her chest. What if they took him for something bad? What if their going to use him for something evil? Make magic can be pretty convenient if used right..

Lucy knew exactly who to go to for this problem.

"Erza! Open up please!" Lucy banged on the door as hard as she could once she managed to get inside Fairy Hills. Erza sure was a heavy sleeper. "Erza, PLEASE!"

Erza's door flew open and there stood an angry Erza with what seemed a four foot long sword. Her glare was heavy until she realized it was a terrified Lucy.

"Oh my god Lucy, I'm so sorry! What's wrong?" Frantically, Erza dropped her sword and pulled Lucy into a hug.

Lucy hugged her back then stepped away, looking down at Erza's flower pattern carpet.. "I'm fine Erza."

Erza's face scrunched up. "Then why do you look so terrified?" Erza stepped closer and put a hand on her shoulder.

"It's about Gray." Erza tilted her head in confusion, still holding Lucy's shoulder. "W-What do you mean? Did he do something to you? If he did, that bast-"

"No, no, no. It's not that at all. Its this." Lucy pulled out a paper from her pocket and showed it to Erza.

Erza's face quickly went from confused to mad. "Who dare take Gray? He hasn't done anything!" Right when she yelled, the lights of the hallway flickered on. A disoriented Mira walks down the hallway almost bumping into Lucy.

Mira stood there, rubbing at her eyes. Her eyes suddenly flew open and charged straight at Lucy. Before Mira could even lay a finger on Lucy, Erza punched her, sending her straight at the wall.

Mira moaned in pain and stood up. Her eyes had a cloudy look to them and her head was lopsided as if her head was to heavy for her neck to carry. Erza went on to tackle Mira to the ground but Mira dodged, kicking Erza right in the stomach and sent Erza crashing to her doorway. Erza struggled to get up and MIra went in for another attack.

What is up with Mira? Never found her the type to just attack us. She's obviously under the influence of a spell or something..

Lucy stepped back, her trembling hand reaching for her keys but she touched an empty belt loop.

"Looking for these? I'm afraid you can't have these." Lucy turned around to face a women in all black.

The woman was actually Levy. She was laughing like a crazy schoolgirl about to stab someone. Levy started twirling and twirling. She has the same disoriented look Mira had.

Lucy grabbed her whip and whipped at Levy, wrapping the whip around her. Lucy was crying, feeling bad that she was doing this to one of her friends, but she saw Erza's face and knew she was doing the right thing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ahh! STOP!"

"Can't take it huh!"

"What do you want from me?"

"To suffer! To feel what I felt!"

"What in the world are you talking about? I'm damn sure I've never done anything to you! Why are you doing this? You think its funny for you to do this shit for me? Just wait-"

Gray was stopped short. The air felt heavy and dark, to heavy to breathe. "That's a pretty damn good question right there, Gray Fullbuster!" The person who was torturing spat at him. "But it's better if you just shut up. Look, things will start making sense for you in a little bit, I just have to care of some things first. But I assure you Gray, things have to go this way, trust me we know what we're doing. I'm sure you'll understand, but for now you'll just have to endure."

Gray pondered at what the person was saying. It'll make sense soon, what a load of crap.

"Things are different in case you haven't noticed. Things are happening that weren't supposed to happen. People are doing things they know they shouldn't and you know what happens to people who don't obey the laws, they get punished. I have a plan along with someone you know. Just trust me okay? Once I get a few things out of the way, you'll start helping me and you'll be glad. I'm sorry it's going this way, I feel really bad, don't get me wrong though, things have to go this way or they won't go right. Sleep tight Fullbuster, don't let those people hold you back.

Gray felt a foot hit him hard across the face. His head made instant contact with the floor, knocking him unconscious.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AUTHOR NOTE//// WOW, I haven't updated in a while. I feel really bad. Now I'll hopefully start updating soon now that I found a cool direction for the story to go. Hope you'll stick to the end. Feel free to leave feedback, suggestions or whatever you want. Enjoy your day!