Ch. 8 There's Always a Memory

Lame Update: Incoming Now

Gray felt drowsy, really drowsy and barely holding consciousness. He guessed the kidnappers drugged him or something along the lines of that.

"Your friends aren't really your friends. Don't you think they would of came and saved you by now? They don't even care."

Gray struggled to stay conscious. "How could you say that.."

"Look at you all tied up, you've been here two days already. If they cared, they would of came."

"I told them I would be gone a few days.." he wheezed. Breathing was starting to become hard.

"Your pathetic Gray Fullbuster, why can't you except the truth?"

Gray lost consciousness and went into a deep sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Do you not love me Gray-sama?" Juvia asked, tears forming in her eyes. She was especially sad that day, causing it to rain all over Magnolia.

"Juvia, why are you so sad? Of course I like you. Your a great friend." Gray stepped closer to her and patted her head.

"But Juvia doesn't want to be your great friend!" She shrieked and stepped away from him. "I want to be your wife! I can't stand just being your friend when I love you so much. It hurts, that's why I'm sad Gray-sama!" She dropped to the floor and was holding her head in her hands.

Juvia was sobbing loud, and Gray felt bad. He just didn't know what to do. He didn't get why he had to say anything. Maybe he didn't want to answer. Maybe he just wanted wanted to have a great friendship with Juvia and here he was stuck in this predicament.

"Juvia, stop being pathetic." The rain slapped his head even harder. "Your better than this. Stop making it rain, it's annoying."

"How can yo-you say that?" Her words sounded choked.

He paused, searching for the right words to say. "You deserve clear blue skies. You deserve someone who won't constantly sadden you and reduce you to this mess. You deserve someone who will love you for who you are and happiness. I'm sorry Juvia, but I'm not that someone."

"But you are! It was love at first sight with you!" She cried, extending her arm towards him.

"But it wasn't for me, and I haven't grown to love you either. Can't you understand that? It has to go both ways for it to actually work." He went and crouched in front of her and cupped her face with his hands. "Juvia, your beautiful and strong and one of the coolest people I know, but you deserve someone better, someone better than me." He stood up and started walking away from her. "When I come back, it better not be raining." He called out.

Gray could practically hear Juvia's heart shattering as the rain poured down harder than before. He couldn't help but to cry himself, bringing unnecessary pain to someone hurt his heart.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You can't be so rude to Juvia, Gray." Erza said to him with a cold glare.

"Why is everything about her? What about my life? Why does everything revolve around her?" He said frustrated.

"Because she loves you, and you're not answering."

"That's the dumbest excuse ever. 'Because she loves me'. If she loved me so damn much, wouldn't she be able to understand that I don't love her back!" He yelled causing Erza's hard expression to soften.

"Gray.."

"Stop. Bring her up in one of our conversations again and I'm seriously going to be pissed with you. Stop beating a dead horse Erza, you should know that." He stared at Erza for a few moments, waiting for her response, but she didn't respond so he just walked away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Walking away is the only thing your good at, how pathetic of you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He woke up coughing and gripping the stone floor beneath him. The room was still lit in many colors, and it seemed like there was no one in there.

"Wrong, I'm still here."

"What the hell." Gray started to panic. "Who are you? What are you?"

"Now, now. That sure is a lot of questions. I can't tell you that until you fulfill your part of the deal."

"Deal? What hell are you even saying?!" Gray stood up, and tried to find the source of the voice.

"Nuh uh uhh. I'm not there. I'm inside your mind you little foolish thing. Now shush, it's not time for you to fulfill your part of the bargain."

Gray fell limp to the floor.

----------------------------------------------

A/N: Sorry it's so short, next update should be coming very soon! Also, thank you guys for over 1k reads! That's amazing you guys actually like this story! That being said, I'd appreciate feedback, opinions, anything really. Well, I hope you guys have a nice day! :))