Ch. 3 There's Always a Fight

Unedited 

The doors of the guild opened, and Lucy and Gray walked in. Immediately questions start popping out, and in little to no time the guild gets rowdy like how it usually is. After a lot of yelling and of course fighting, Lucy was able to convince everyone that it was just a dream, nothing more.

She went to sit down on a stool by the bar, and Mira brought her the usual. "Are you sure you okay Lucy?" she had a concerned look on her face.

"Of course I am. It was just a dream, nothing else." Mira looked at her warily, but eventually walked away and served other customers.

After finishing her drink and chatting with Levy for a while, with the occasional bickering between her and Gajeel, Lucy decided to go to her apartment. She said goodbye to Levy and walked out the guild.

She stood for a while in the front of the guild, staring out at the stars in the dark night. I really don't have a good feeling about this she thought to herself before she got interrupted by the door opening and Gray walking out. His face held surprise momentarily before turning into a cool gaze. "Lucy, I just wanted to make sure you'll be okay."

"Of course I'm okay. Really there's no reason to get so worked up over this." He shrugged and started to walk, waving his hand indicating for Lucy to join him.

"Well, then at least let me walk you home. It's getting really late anyway." She just nodded, and they started walking. It was silent, and the streets of Magnolia were deserting at these hours. It was a nice night until Gray suddenly had his jacket and shirt falling behind him.

"EHH! GRAY, YOUR CLOTHES!" She shrieked.

"Huh, what? Yeah." He said while shrugging. As long as she had known Gray, she still couldn't get used to the constant stripping. It didn't help that Lyon did it too.

"That's your excuse?" She giggled. They continued walking and joking around until they reached her apartment.

"Haha yeah, well I guess see you later Lucy." He had a serious look on his face. "Tell me if you have anymore of those dreams, okay?"

"Yeah, goodnight Gray." She reached out and patted his shoulder, which when she thought back to the moment, realized it must of been really awkward, and he smiled at her. He left and she opened the door to her apartment. She went inside, fumbling for the lightswitch. When the light goes on, she sees a certain someone sprawled across her couch and and a certain cat laying on the floor.

"AHH! What are you doing here?!" She screamed in Natsu's face. He woke with a start and fell of the couch.

"Ah, Lu-Lucy!" He stuttered. "We ju-just wanted to make sure you're okay! Yeah!"

"Aye, sir!" cheered Happy.

"Are you serious? Get out!" She yelled and opened the door. When Natsu and Happy reached the door and turned around. "But Lucyy." he whined.

"No buts! And I'm fine!" And she kicked them out of her apartment with a "Lucy Kick!".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The following day was an annoying day, everyone being concerned for her. It was anything to big, the guild members should worry about something more important than me, she thought. Nothing was really going on, so she didn't see what all the fuss was about.

She decided to go on a job, trying to get away from concerned faces, fighting some non-magic robbers in some town. After much bickering, she was finally able to get them to let her go alone.

She boarded the train and sat with plue on one of the train seats. "Man, what a week." Lucy groaned. Plue nodded in agreement, "Puu puu."

After she arrived at the town, she went to the person who made the request. After getting everything situated, she went off to find the bandits. Her and the mayor, who was the one who sent the request, sent out a bait for the robbers. As evening approached, she went out in her hiding position. The robbers came out after a while and fell for the bait. Lucy snickered and went to seize them.

"Fleuve d'etoiles!" Her whipped grabbed the two robbers by the waist and she pulled them in. "Guards!" She yelled and the few guards that were assigned to imprison the robbers came out and grabbed them. Lucy was turning around when a powerful kick hit her in the stomach. She went skidding a few meters. She went to get up and throw her fleuve d'etoiles but it was scattered feet away from her.

She looked up to see a man, the third robber. He ran towards her, and she brought out her heart shaped whip and tried to wrap it around his foot, but missed was met with another kick. She went flying again, Man this guy has a powerful kick, and landed with a thud. He ran towards her again taking a spear out of the air. Requip magic, who is this guy?

He pointed her and the tip glowed red. The blast shot out of the spear, and it came towards Lucy, but the blast shot up towards the sky as the orange hair of Loke came into view. "Regulus!" She heard him yell.

Loke ran forwards and punched the robber but he deflected and Loke sent him a roundhouse kik, sending him flying across the street. The guards went and seized him, taking him away with the other robbers.

"Lucy, you ought to be more careful." Loke said while turning around.

Lucy flushed, "Thank you Loke, your always coming and saving me."

"As long as I am your celestial spirit, I'll protect you always." He said while giving her a smile. "Sorry, but i have to go." And with that he vanished.

Lucy collected herself, got the reward, and went to the station. On the way home she grumbled to Plue, " Man, its not enough to pay rent!"

"Puu puu." He murmured in agreement.

After she arrived to Magnolia, she stopped by the guild to report to the Master. She opened the doors and walked in, getting a few stares from people. Not a surprise since she was bruised up. After reporting to the Master, she went to walk out the guild, thinking about how nice a bath would be right not, not when the guild door slammed open and a sweaty Gray was there with a panting Natsu right behind him.

"Master!" He yelled, crumbling slightly the papers he had in his hands. He stalked into the guild and walked past Lucy. He went a few more strides, until he turned around and saw who he passed by. "Lucy?" He asked in bewilderment.

"Yeah?" She asked confused. Guilt went across his face, but then concern.

"Oh, you're not going to like this at all. Lucy, we need to talk."