Ch. 6 There's Always an Alley

The sun was exceptionally bright that day. There was a cold breeze, but somehow the sun still managed to burn you a little.

The clouds seemed to shrink and expand in size. The ground moved and suddenly he was somewhere else. A luscious green meadow filled with beautiful spring flowers were blooming. The sun was just at right temperature, and there was a nice breeze that was just right.

There was a cobblestone path that led along the meadow that led to a large oak tree. It was the only tree in the whole area and it seemed to shine brighter than anything else, including the sun. Gray was instantly attracted to the tree. He walked fast on the cobblestone path until he reached the enormous tree.

Under the tree, there was a wooden bench, and on the bench was a person. The person's back was to Gray, so he only saw the blonde head but he already knew who it was, Lucy. He went and sat next to her, but he couldn't believe what he saw next.

Lucy's face turned into Ur's and Gray was taken aback. He stood up and so did she. She put her hand on Gray's cheek and said, "You've grown so much Gray. It's nice to see you." She smiled and the tears hit him. It was actually her, Ur his ice make magic teacher was right before his eyes, but as soon as she smiled her face transformed into yet another face.

Ultear.

He was more shocked than the last time because it wasn't the young face of Ultear, it was the old lady version he saw on the carriage ride back from GMG's. His tears ran down his face harder, and Ultear put his hand on his cheek just like Ur did. "Oh Gray, it's good to see you alive." And she started to disappear. Gray dropped on his knees, holding his face in his hands. In that moment he felt hands on his shoulders.

"Like mother and daughter, they both saved me!" He yelled in anguish and punched the ground. He's never so felt so bad in his life. It was bad enough one person died saving him, and with two he just couldn't handle it.

"Gray, why are you crying?" The voice sounded melodic and deep, but feminine at the same time. He felt his shoulders being rattled, but he couldn't open his eyes. He kind of didn't want to.

The voice called out again but louder, and he felt a sharp pain on the side of his face. It was the flying sensation that got him to open his eyes.

He landed with a loud thud. He shot up and looked around everywhere, his vision all distorted. When his vision cleared up he say everybody's face in the guild with a worried look.

"What happened Gray?" Erza asked approaching him.

He backed away. "What are you talking about?"

"You were crying." He stopped baking away.

"What are you talking about?" He repeated. "No I didn't." Erza went straight up to him and hugged him. There was a loud clank as Gray's head came in contact with Erza's armor. He yelped in pain.

"Yeah you were, a bad dream I suppose." She said as she stroked his hair.

"Let go of me! I don't need to be coddled like a baby!" He shoved Erza and walked away from her and towards the guild entrance. He bumped into a few people on his way out and when he reached the entrance he turned around. He saw Erza's rejected face and full of disbelief that him hard as he realized what he had done. Masters and Juvia's face was also full of disbelief. Oh well, too late. I did what I did, and I really don't want to explain.

He walked out into the night. He stopped dead in his tracks and looked up into the sky. The moon was shining brightly, I swear it was only daytime? Shaking his head he continued to walk down a path to his house on the outskirts of Magnolia.

**************************************

There's a loud bang on the door. Gray groaned and shuffled in his bed.

The banging continued and Gray, frustrated, reluctantly got up to see who in the world was banging on his door at this time fo the day. He went up to the peephole and saw no one.

"What the hell.." He opened it and peered around, pissed he couldn't find the source of the banging. "I swear if it's Natsu, I'm going to freeze that kid." He muttered as he locked his door and went back to sleep.

Later that day, he woke up and readied himself to go into town. Thinking about having some great food, and maybe going on a mission, he planned that it was going to be a good day.

He was excited, for some odd reason he couldn't pinpoint, but nonetheless he was in a good mood. He reached the centric part of Magnolia and was ready to find a place to eat when something caught his attention. There was shadow on the wall and when he moved to get a closer look it disappeared down the alley.

Getting a bit irritated, he went down the alley to check out whatever he just saw. "Why? Why now? It was going to be a good day.." he muttered to himself as he walked down the surprisingly empty alley. With every step he took, the dimmer the alley seemed to get. Feeling uneasier by the moment, he hesitated to go further down. Why in the hell is it getting darker? Why am I even here?

He reached the end of the alley, and saw nothing. There was absolutely nothing but darkness greetjng him. Getting more irritated, he turned around to bump into a figure. He looks up to see it but of course only pitch blackness meets him. The last thing he felt was something covering his face.