Ch. 4 There's Always a Problem

Unedited & sort of filler chapter 

Lucy stammered. "What do yo-you mean talk?" She couldn't help but to feel a bit attacked, as Gray was giving her a cold stare, as if she did something wrong. Gray had handed the papers to the master and the master was reading them with confusion plastered on his face. 

"I'm sorry Lucy, but what is this?" His voice steely. He grabbed some of the papers and thrusted them toward Lucy.

She reached out for them with a trembling hand. Dread started to come. She grabbed the papers and immediately started to shake her head. "You have it all wrong Gray." She choked out.

"I haven't said anything Lucy."

"I can see it in your eyes. Their full of accusation." She shoved the papers at him and started to back up.

"I'm sorry, but I think I have a reasonable reaction to this. You can tell me you know. I told you to tell me if anymore weird stuff happens from that one time." He said while shaking the papers. By now the guild was deadly quiet, every face in the direction of Gray and Lucy.

"Reasonable?" Her voice went up an octave. "You don't even know what this is about!" She yelled.

"This isn't making the situation any better Lucy. You being defensive isn't helping you at all." Natsu said and Lucy shot him daggers. She went to the nearest table and slumped in defeat.

"I can't really explain it." She stayed slumped and everyone's face held confusion, the situations was unfolding to nowhere,

"Well there has to be a starting point to this, right?" The Master asked while sitting on the counter of the bar.

"It started two weeks ago. I'd find myself on my desk writing these letters. I didn't think to much about as I'm a writer and all, but I started to notice they weren't even in a modern language. Once I started seeing more and more ancient script on them, I started hiding them." She mumbled against the table.

"Would you just be awake and find yourself writing these? Why didn't you tell anyone?" The master asked with a hint of disbelief in his tone.

"Yeah, I think so and I'm not sure. They didn't say anything bad in particular. But then there's the dreams."  A shudder went down her spine when she said it.

"Dreams.." Gray muttered. "Like the one you told me about?" 

"Dreams?" The master and Natsu muttered.

Lucy straightened up and nodded. "Yeah they are."

"What do you mean 'they'? There's more than just that one?"

"Yes, I didn't tell you because there the same dream, just different differations."

"Okay, back up." Interrupted Erza "So you write these weird papers, and have these variations of the same dream? That doesn't make sense. What are these dreams about?"

Lucy started to flush. "If you're saying their the variations of the same one, its safe to say they're about me right?" Gray asked

Lucy nodded. "Are they naughty dreams?" Erza asked eyeing Gray, her raised eyebrow impling something .

"Ehh! No!" Lucy yelped. 

"Either way they don't explain why Lucy's doing these things." Natsu said. 

"That was really smart flame brain." Gray snickered.

"Oh really? Wanna say that again ice boy!" Natsu retorted. They were nose to nose, ready to fight.

"Bring it on dim wit!" Gray remarked.

"Lets go! I'm fired up!" Natsu yelled along with Happy, "Aye!" Erza stepped in front of them, glaring them down with her stare and they instantly hugged each other saying comments like "That was really awesome Natsu!" "Thanks Gray! You're pretty chill yourself!" They scratched their heads and laughed nervously.

"What Natsu said is true," Erza said worried, "but its not like we can do much. Fried isn't here and neither is Levy. They're both off on jobs, so I'd say lets just wait and see what goes on with Lucy."

The master shaked his head in agreement. "Sounds good I suppose, not much else we can do. As for now, Lucy seems to pose no threats.." He plopped off the counter and hoisted himself with his staff. "Its getting really late, we should all just go and rest." The guild started to empty out, chatter filling the air. Gray had offered Lucy to walk her home, and she agreed. Soon enough the only people left are Natsu, Erza and the master, Makarov. 

"I don't have a good feeling about this." chided the master.

"I don't either, Lucy's been acting weird." Natsu replied.

"Has she?" The master asked, eyeing him. "Well, either way we can't worry about it." Erza went and dragged Natsu by the ear to the guild's entrance. 

"Well, we'll be leaving. Goodnight Gramps." Erza nodded and hauled Natsu  out the door. "Bye gramps!" He yelled before the door shut.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~