3. the first day

In a flash, the wedding was over, and it was time for Vidayi

In a flash, the wedding was over, and it was time for Vidayi. The Sharma family pretended to shed tears, but Shravani's tears were real, as she pondered the uncertain path her life was taking. They embraced her and wept, trying to appear as a happy family. However, Shravani didn't feel any love towards them. “If you cause any trouble there, I will personally deal with you. Don't act foolish,” her mother whispered harshly in her ear. Shravani nodded in response.

Soon they bid farewell and set off for the Rajvansh Mansion. She gazed out the window the entire time, her veil still covering her face. Now she is 'Mrs Shravani Reyansh Rajvansh'.

Upon reaching the Mansion, she gasped at its beauty as it was no less than a castle. Reyansh came to her side, holding her hand as they walked towards the entrance. Inside, the Rajvansh family awaited them. Geeta performed their aarti, and then the customary rituals for the arrival of the bride commenced, with none of them having yet seen her face.

Shravani felt anxious about meeting so many new people. What if they treated her badly too? Well, she didn't expect anything from them. As they settled down in the hall, Shravani sat beside Reyansh, fidgeting with her fingers, and he noticed her unease. Giving her hand a reassuring squeeze, he helped ease her anxiety. “Now, Reyansh, unveil her,” Geeta requested.

Reyansh complied, while Shravani kept her eyes shut, afraid of the reaction. As she finally opened her eyes, she was met with the stunned expressions of the Rajvansh family, who were taken aback by her beauty. Feeling even more anxious with all eyes on her, Shravani's discomfort didn't go unnoticed by Reyansh, who swiftly intervened. “Guys!! Introduce yourselves,” he urged.

“Bhabhi, I am Aashika, your sister-in-law. I am thrilled to have you in our family. I welcome you with open arms,” Aashika exclaimed joyfully as she embraced Shravani. Shock was evident on her face, for the first time someone hugged her like Aashika did, the first time she was not treated like an outcast.

“Bhabhi, you please introduce yourself to everyone.” Aashika said sitting beside her.

“Uhmm.. *clears throat* Namestey uncle ji, aunty ji.. I am Shravani.. I am 23 years old.. I have done, BA in English arts.. um.. I..I..I am sorry.” her voice trailed off as tears welled up in her eyes. Overwhelmed and uncertain, she felt shameful amongst these unfamiliar faces. Her heart was aching even though they were good to her yet her poor alone heart felt like crying for her pathetic self. Her role as a replacement for her sister was like a burden to her own heart.

Witnessing Shravani's tears, Geeta rose from her seat and enveloped her in a warm embrace, only for Shravani to freeze. Her eyes felt struck, her body felt numb. They are hugging and talking to her normally?

“Beta, don't apologize. It's not your fault,” Geeta reassured Shravani, gently cupping her face. Shravani nodded gratefully. Even though she nodded, yet this all was not settling in her brain because no one ever showed this much care to her, except her friends. Yet they all were now busy with their work. Her heart already had eloped adoration towards these unknown people who were generous to her, they treated her equally not for once in this small conversation she felt them being like her biological parents.