2. the new bride

Reyansh's POV

Reyansh's POV

Today is the day that I am getting married to a girl named, whom I don't even remember. I do not like her at all, but it's my mother's wish. I simply cannot deny her. I love my mother and cannot bear to see tears in her eyes. Although I've tried to refuse this marriage several times, she just won't listen to me. After facing numerous denials and all the drama surrounding the wedding, here I am, sitting at the mandap. This situation is truly irritating. I don't get any good vibes from that girl. She seems like such a pick-me type of girl. I thought I'd divorce her after six months of our marriage.

Being forced into marriage does not always turn out well. My mother's obsession with making me marry Sharma's daughter has reached its peak. She has gone to great lengths to make me sit here. As for the girl she chose, I scoff at her. I have done a background check on her, and trust me, it's better if I don't speak about her. I'll give her all the money she asks for because she is money-minded. The priest is reciting some rhymes that I don't understand.

Amidst all these thoughts, a soft, beautiful voice grabbed my attention. "Reyansh."

I turned to look and felt as if all the oxygen had been sucked out of my lungs. A beautiful girl wearing a simple white dress, with no pretense or extravagance, was breathing heavily as if she had been running from somewhere. Her beautiful black eyes, rosy cheeks, and inviting lips were enchanting. Her features could be compared to those of a goddess. As my gaze travelled down to her neck and collarbone, I noticed her slender neck adorned with a necklace. Her dress covered her body completely, yet I could still see her hourglass figure. She was undeniably stunning. How could she be so pretty? She was like an angel. I couldn't believe my eyes. I have seen many girls, including models, but she was different. Her innocence, aura, and everything about her was captivating.

I snapped out of these thoughts when the beauty called my name again. "Reyansh, I want to talk to you." She said, panting.

Does she want to talk to me? Wow! It's your lucky day, Rey. Without wasting any time, I stood up.

"You can't leave this place; your wedding is happening," my mother said, appearing from somewhere. Before I could respond, the girl said, "Aunty, please... I won't take much time. I need to talk to him. It's important, please..." She begged tearfully. Why was she crying? I ignored my mother and walked toward her. I grasped her hand, and when I touched her, I felt sparks in my body. Her soft, beautiful hands fit perfectly in mine.

I began walking toward a room inside their home when suddenly, she stopped. I looked back and saw Vaibhav grabbing her arm. I could see his firm grip that made her wince. This angered me. How dare he hurt her?

"Leave her and come with me," Vaibhav said angrily at her. She shook her head. Before Vaibhav could say anything else, I walked toward him and removed his hand from her arm. He looked at me, and I glared at him. He swallowed, realizing the impact I had on people. But he dared to hurt the unknown beauty. I'll deal with him later.