1. Marriage

Shravani Pov

Shravani Pov

Today marks Aru Di's wedding, an event my parents initially prevented me from attending. I had to take care of everything. But when the functions were to begin I was locked in my room. But today it's her wedding so they allowed me to enjoy it. I am feeling so happy, finally, I'll be able to enjoy some functions. I know they don't like me, but still, I love them. They have taken care of me since childhood. Yes, I get scolded and beaten too, till now. But it's fine, I have gotten used to it. I got ready and went downstairs. Despite their disapproval, I cherish my parents for raising and caring for me throughout my childhood, despite the harsh treatment.

The wedding is going on the lavish lawn of our house, which made me realize the stark contrast between our wealth and my limited access to it. However, I've learned to adapt and maintain a sense of independence through my secret online business. They don't care about what I have and what not. I do some online business by which I earn enough for myself. But no one knows about it. Unfortunately, Aru Di's dislike for me stems from her core, leading to my exclusion from her wedding, as well as my strained relationships with Mom, Dad, Vaibhav, and others. Their interactions often involve degrading comments, scolding, or even physical punishment.

No, it isn't as if I am adopted or something, but just a few incidents in my childhood where I was not even at fault and they began hating me to the core, people do not show this behavior to animals and here I was getting treated like shit by them.

Dressed in a pristine creamish-white lehenga, a choker, and a low bun, I applied minimal makeup, consisting of lipstick and mascara. Despite the ache, I always find joy in the little moments of this bittersweet life.

Descending the stairs, I was struck by the bustling crowd that filled our lawn. Although the wedding was intended for close friends and relatives, at least 100 guests had gathered. I was unfamiliar with most of the attendees, including those from the groom's side. Among the familiar faces were family relatives who, unfortunately, shared the same indifference towards me as my parents.

The presence of my parents' friends only opened my wounds, making me remember how I have been hidden from them. Despite being a part of this grand event, I couldn't help but feel a sense of isolation, knowing that even those who knew of my existence chose to overlook me.

Standing amidst the crowd I felt an overwhelming sense of loneliness. The atmosphere seemed way too much suffocating, the concern from others added more into it, leaving me feeling uncomfortable. Tears welled up in my eyes and I knew going back to my room would be a better option.

However, just as I was leaving back to my room, I heard voices resonating from Aru Di's room. The door suddenly opened, and Vaibhav emerged, his expression filled with anger. Unsure of what mistake I had made, I swallowed my anxiety as he approached me, grabbed my arm, and dragged me into Di's room.