twenty-one

[lots of mistakes, will be re-edited]

"How does it feel to be 23, birthday boy?" I asked softly as I felt him untangle the few final braids on my head. The ambiance of the room was a much better change from the dramatics going on outside like an hour ago.

We were out of the rain, finally indoors, we both showered, both in a change of clothes, while I wore satin pyjama shorts and a matching satin top embroidered with fine lace, I gave Jungkook some of Trey's newly bought clothes out of the laundry: gray sweats and a white vest.

While Jungkook showered, I quickly ran next door to the store to grab a small cake and some snacks, hoping to make up for forgetting his birthday.

Sat crossed legged on his lap, with the Devil Wears Prada on the TV, I used a rat tail comb to comb out my tangled coils.

"I don't understand— why is the old bitch embarrassing her in front of everyone like that? All of this over an ugly-ass blue belt?" Jungkook barked defensively as the scene. I rolled my eyes as Jungkook was the one who specifically contended watching The Devil Wears Prada in the first place, yet, here he was more hooked than me.

"It's fine. Ignore me." I said sarcastically and that's when he finally paused, processing the question I asked before. Gently, he turned my body around so I was no longer sat on his lap and now I was straddling him.

He grabbed my jaw and pulling it close to his lips, placing a kiss on my cheek, apologetically.

"Sorry, babe. This movie is getting me heated." Jungkook huffed, ensuring his attention was on me now. "I feel exactly the same though. Am I supposed to be feeling different?" Jungkook asked indifferently, his fingers gently detangling my hair.

"I don't know. I still felt like a kid when I was 23... it was just kind of scary for me because 23 sounded like such a serious age but I still felt like I was 17. I thought I was getting old." I told him, with a chuckle.

Jungkook took some time to ponder, before shaking his head definitively.

"Nah. I definitely don't feel like a kid. In fact, sometimes when I hang out with people my age, I don't feel like I fit in. I feel like I'm miles ahead of them mentally when we have conversations. All they talk about is pussy, money, video game and sports. It gets tiring sometimes, to be frank." JK murmured. I pursed my lips as I felt his fingers gently massage through my coils. 

"Since you're so mentally advanced in comparison to all your peers, what do you like to talk about then? The political and economic state of the world?" I teased him with a sense of sarcasm.