|| Cannibal ||

♪ - Shadow - Livingston - ♪

Things with Alastor were unmistakably awkward. You would become flustered whenever he entered a room and he would almost ignore you entirely.

In an attempt to banish the red demon from your thoughts, you are wandering in the middle of Pentagram City, kicking stones beneath your feet and glaring at any demons coming within a few meters of you. You couldn't be bothered to pick a fight today.

When the road becomes desolate aside from the few demons crouching over the dead, grabbing at any left over limbs, you realise you have wandered into cannibal town.

The buildings quickly descend into a 1910s vintage aesthetic and you peer around with interest. Cannibal town had never been one you'd ventured to, mostly due to the promise of being eaten.

You had heard of Charlie's excursion to the town and how they had helped during the Angel attack. So they couldn't be that bad, right?

Or so you think until two pairs of hands grab at you from behind.

"Fresh meat!" One cries gleefully.

"She smells good" The other agrees.

You wriggle within their grip "Let me fucking go! I'm not a meal!"

"Oh but you are" the first giggles, their grip tightening "Let's bring her to Rosie for examination"

They immediately lift you, kicking and screaming.

Well you think at least it'll be a funny story to tell.

You give up the screaming around halfway, deciding to take in your surroundings. It's nicer than you expected, given the bloodthirsty inhabitants.

The cannibals carry you to a building labelled Rosie's Emporium, chattering about whether you should be flayed or barbecued.

"Do I at least get a say in this?" you ask dryly.

"Of course!" The second grins.

"I vote barbecue"

They cart you into the building, yelling Rosie's name excitedly. You'd heard of the overlord but never met her before. Though, since she'd been so eager to help Charlie, you held her in high regards. Until you were delivered to her front door to be eaten, that is.

Rosie strides in, clapping her hands twice to quieten the over-excited demons "Whatever is this ruckus about, my lovelies?"

She is prettier than you expected for the ruler of cannibal town, and taller than Alastor with a wide grin. It falls as soon as she lays eyes on you.

"Oh no, no, boys! I love the enthusiasm, I do, but this one ain't for eating!" She waves the two demons away and they drop you, scuttling off quickly. You can hear them moaning about how they'd have to find another meal as they exit the emporium.

You quickly stand, brushing yourself off "Aw, I was quite looking forward to being cooked"

Rosie chuckles "I like your style, darling, come, come! I've been expecting you"