𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

It was game night in Republic City, and it was the so-anticipated final of the Pro-bending tournament which meant the arena was full.

'Are you ready?' Shuro asked the Catgators in the team's room.

'Yes!' the team shouted together and then headed to the entrance of the playing field.

When they heard the announcer speaking their team's name, they all got ready to show everyone their great entrance.

Akashi used the water of the ring to move Shone and himself to the playing field where the other team awaited them while Nike used her blue fire to fly there.

'She's a bit of a show-off,' Eno commented with his team.

'Yes, but she is perfect,' Dane replied.

The two teams got into position. The Sharks were on the blue side and the Catgators on the red; a detail Shiro Shinobi found interesting and almost intentional.

'And the first round had begun, folks!' the commentator exclaimed. 'And Nike is already in the air attacking the Sharks' earthbender!'

Nike took care of Zeno while Akashi fought Eko and Shone attacked Dane. The Catgators were working perfectly together: when one of them noticed a teammate was about to get hit, they would swiftly protect them from the attack.

Soon, the Frozen Tundra Tiger Sharks were sent back into zone 2.

'Wow! What a great attack!' Shiro almost shouted. 'The Tiger Sharks are in zone 2! And the first round is over! The Catgators won the first round! But will they win the second one?'

The Capital City team did their best not to be sent to zone 2, but so did their opponents. The teams attacked each other fiercely, but none of them moved back a zone.

'Come on, Nike!' Mako shouted from the stands.

'Go, Catgators!!!' Bolin joined his brother and Asami did the same.

Then, another voice joined theirs. They were all shocked to see that it was Lin's.

'Let's go, Nike! Show them how it's done!' the Chief of Police exclaimed. She was extremely proud of the firebender, and she was happy for her too. She knew how important pro-bending was for Nike.

Unfortunately, the Catgators didn't win that round. It was a tie, and the Tiger Sharks won the coin toss. They were smart and chose water. Dane won the face-off.

'And this last round will decide it all, folks!' Shiro said. 'Who will be the next champion?! I can't wait to find out! This is one of the best finals I have ever seen! I've been doing these for some time now, folks!'

The last round was the toughest for both teams. In the first seconds of the round, there were already only two benders in the arena: Nike and Dane.

'And it's a battle of hearts, folks!'

In the beginning, Dane was trying to play nicely, but then he noticed Nike was giving it all. The firebender's fast and sequential attacks were giving him a hard time.

'That's it, Nike!' Lin exclaimed.

Then, there was a blue flame in the arena. The referee's whistle was heard.

'Catgators' firebender, penalty!' he said. 'Move back one zone!'

'Fuck!' Nike cursed.

'Ah! That's always her weak point!' Shuro said to the rest of the team.

However and despite now being in zone 2, Nike was determined to turn the tables.

A strong attack from Dane that was met with Nike's hot fire created some water steam that blocked everyone's vision of the arena, including waterbender's.