𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞

Korra, Mako and Bolin were training at the Pro-bending Arena's gym. They had to step up their game now that the team was at the Pro-bending Tournament. In the middle of their morning training, they began hearing some voices from the hall. The Fire Ferrets' firebender recognized it immediately as Nike's voice. What was she doing there? She wasn't in the tournament, so she shouldn't be there anymore. Was she an instructor now?

'I hope you're ready to get your ass kicked, darling,' the three benders heard someone speaking.

'You're pretty confident for someone who's about to lose,' Nike said.

'Are they going to fight?' Korra whispered.

'I think so,' Bolin replied quietly as well. 'We should go and confirm that.'

'Why are you whispering!?' Mako asked confused.

'Oh, nothing, nothing...' a nervous Bolin said.

'If you want to go and see what's happening, just do it,' the firebender said and his two teammates left.

The tangerine-eyed male wasn't planning on going with his friends; he wanted to train. However, he was curious to see what was happening between Nike and the other benders. He ended up leaving the gym and then walked to the arena's balcony where Korra and Bolin were.

The Fire Ferrets benders could see four people on the field. They were discussing something, but no one could hear what they were saying.

'Those are the Wolfbats!' Bolin exclaimed and put his hands over his mouth immediately as he realized he had spoken too loudly.

'What is Nike doing with them?' Korra asked suspiciously.

'We're about to know,' the firebender replied as the Wolfbats' water and earthbender left the field.

Tahno used the water in the arena to put him and his teammate on the referee's balcony so they could watch the fight that was about to begin.

'Ready!?' Ming shouted. 'Go!'

Right after those words, Nike created an enormous blue flame using her hands and feet. The fire surrounded Shaozu and then it hit him from behind.

'That's playing dirty!' the firebender commented while regaining his balance.

'We agreed everything was valid,' the female replied, dodging a fireball.

'Then you won't mind if I do this!' Shaozu exclaimed as he generated a lighting bolt to attack Nike.

The girl dodged the bolt easily and was able to get closer to her opponent while doing so. In a blink of an eye, the male was hit by a fire blast. It wasn't strong enough for him to fall back, but he still lost his balance. Nike took that chance to attack him again. Her attacks were fast, and the male wasn't being able to keep up with them.

The Fire Nation's female flames came from her hands and feet as she moved her body swiftly. It was impossible to predict her moves. Then, Nike created extensions of her arms using fire. The way she moved them made them look like two fire whips.

'Those movements are normally used in waterbending,' Korra noticed.

Mako was surprised as well. He had never seen a firebender using that technique to bend. Normally, firebenders could not master waterbending movements.

The truth was, Nike was using waterbending techniques and she was being able to corner Shaozu. Seeing the female's strength and power made Mako go back to the night when she had told them she was broken. He couldn't get that conversation out of his head.