𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

The Republic City was in complete chaos. Buildings were exploding, the streets weren't safe anymore and the statue of Avatar Aang had now a mask similar to the one Amon normally wore. The Equalists had now full control of the city and they were after the Blue Flame prodigy.

'Just give up already!' one of the men chasing down Nike through the dim streets of the shadiest part of the city yelled.

'This would be way easier if we could use electrified equipment,' another commented to his colleague.

'Amon made it very clear when he said we couldn't hurt her,' Lieutenant reminded the two Equalists that were gossiping.

'I don't understand why...' the same Equalist that was speaking before said a little annoyed.

That was when Lieutenant had an idea. He knew Nike and Lin Beifong were somewhat close. He was sure that Nike would agree to go with them if confronted with the fact they were holding Lin hostage.

The Equalists had captured the famous metalbender the night before. The lady was trying to protect Tenzin's family as they escaped from the Air Temple Island and ended up in Amon's hands. Nike didn't know that. The firebender had spent the last few days resting in her home. That encounter with Amon at the Arena and the small fight she had had with Tarrlok had taken their toll on her.

Unfortunately, and as much as Lieutenant wanted to get that job done, he had to wait for the right moment to tell Nike about Beifong. Luck was on their side, however, and soon they were able to corner the lady.

The firebender and the five Equalists were in a dark alley. Nike was clearly ready to fight. She had been running from them and avoiding a direct fight, but she had her back against the wall now and she had no choice.

'Give up,' one of the soldiers spoke. 'There's no way to run now.'

'I'll make a way then,' Nike replied getting ready to attack.

'I wouldn't do that if I were you,' Lieutenant said. 'You see, we've already captured Beifong. Capturing you will be just as easy. It's useless to resist.'

Nike's amber-gold eyes changed when she heard that. How could they have captured Lin? That was impossible! Lin was the best metalbender she had ever met, and she was strong... there was no way. But the Equalist didn't look like he was bluffing. She had to save her!

Suddenly, Nike conjured an enormous blue flame using a spinning kick to charge her attack. Lieutenant then realised it would be impossible to capture the firebender without using their electrified gloves and kali sticks, so he fled the scene with some soldiers.

Two of the Equalists got caught in the fire and weren't able to escape with the others, giving Nike the chance to attack them again with some fire blasts and corner them between her and a wall.

'Tell me where she is!' the female demanded as she cornered the two Equalists.

They said nothing, so Nike conjured two blue flames and prepared to send them at the soldiers.

'I won't ask again! Where is she?' she shouted and threw the flames at the soldiers' feet making them whimper.

The Equalists remained silent. They were not going to tell her anything; they were determined not to. That left Nike with only one option.

In an instant, one of them was pinned against the wall as the firebender grabbed him by the collar using her right hand. Her left hand was pointing two fingers at the other Equalist that was still on the ground.

'You move, you die,' Nike spoke with a threatening voice making the man shiver as he looked at her.

Then, her fiery golden eyes fixed on the man she had pinned against the wall. He was almost shaking. He could feel the danger he was in, so he tried to electrocute her with his khali stick. Too bad, he wasn't fast enough, and she burnt his hand slightly with an orange flame.