𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐨

The Capital City Catgators were in the playing field of the Pro-bending Arena waiting for their opponents, the Fire Ferrets, to arrive. It was the final match and the team that would take part in the pro-bending tournament would be decided.

Apparently, the Fire Ferrets' waterbender had abandoned the team and they were trying to find a last-minute substitute.

'Why don't they just give up already?' Akashi commented with his teammates as his dark blue eyes started to show signs of impatience. 'They won't be able to find a waterbender in time.'

'Oh, don't say that,' Nike's red lips turned into a smirk. 'I want to defeat them.'

After those words, the referee announced the Fire Ferrets had found a replacement and that they would be fighting. What no one knew was that replacement was the Avatar.

'Looks like the Fire Ferrets have ferreted out a last-minute replacement waterbender,' Shiro commented. 'Let's see if she's another diamond like the firebender prodigy from the Catgators!'

The players got to their positions. Nike's fiery eyes pierced deeply into Mako's ones making the male feel slightly uncomfortable. She exhaled confidence. She was powerful and strong and that made her intimidating.

The bell rang and the match began. Nike was immediately hit by a water blast that sent her over the side of the ring. The only thing that kept the firebender from falling into the water was her fast reflex.

'Woohoo! Man overboard!' Korra exclaimed feeling victorious while Nike was hanging on the edge of the playing field with only her hand stopping her from falling.

The referee blew his whistle immediately and pointed his finger at the waterbender.

'Fire Ferret waterbender, penalty! Move back one zone!' he spoke while the firebender got back to the field by using fire to propel herself.

'Only one zone!?' she contested the referee's decision while Mako explained Korra what she had done wrong. 'Those were two penalties! A waterblast longer than one second and knocking a player off the arena from sides! She should move back two zones!'

'The penalty remains. The round must continue,' the referee spoke.

'Fine,' Nike said clearly annoyed. 'I'll send her there myself.'

As soon as the round resumed, Nike attacked Korra fiercely, not giving her a chance to fight back. That resulted in the Avatar being knocked into zone 3. While the firebender made sure Korra fell into the water, her teammates took care of the two brothers, so they wouldn't attack their colleague.

Nike's attacks were becoming faster and soon Korra was out of the field. When that happened, the referee's whistle was heard.

'Catgators' firebender, penalty!' he announced. 'Move back one zone!'

'Looks like the Blue Flame firebender unnecessary roughness was noticed, folks!' Shiro commented to the listeners. 'She moves back one zone and she isn't happy!'

Soon, the other two Catgators' benders were sent to zone 2 as well. They were going to lose, and Nike was getting angry and frustrated just with the idea of defeat.

Soon the bell rang to indicate the end of the first round. Fire Ferrets won and the firebender was more than angry.

'And the first round goes to the Fire Ferrets!!!' the ring announcer exclaimed while the players prepared for the next round.

'You attack the waterbender and I take care of the brothers,' Nike told her teammates before the round began.

In less than half a minute, Korra was in zone 3 while the black-haired girl was dodging Bolin and Mako's attacks.