Chapter 9

Beside the bed is a nightstand. There's a lampshade on top that dimly lit up the room. The light spreads a cozy feeling around the room.

Laying down, I started to think how peaceful my life right now. I imagined it before but, it truly hits different when you are living through it.

It feels like a bliss.

I glanced on my side to see a book beside the lampshade.

'Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint'

That's the title of the book.

I then turned my head to look on another book that is currently in my hand. It doesn't have a title yet.

An untitled book.

A sudden thought came up to mind.

Two books, which seems like connected to each other, but at the same time, are not.

Suddenly, a soft voice snapped me out of my own thoughts.

"The kids are sleeping."

Entering the room was Kim Dokja, one of my happiness in life that I treasure the most.

Despite not having a father that treats him the way he deserves, he still puts a tremendous effort to be the best father that our kids deserved.

After he locked the door, he went for the unoccupied space beside me and muttered,

"Shall we go to sleep too?"

He then noticed the book that I am currently holding.

I also glanced at the book. A silence have passed before I started to speak.

"Say, what if this scenario we are currently living in, is just another book? Not the continuation of the main story, not a sequel, nor a side story?"

It seems like he was taken aback by my question a little bit. He then asked,

"What kind of book is it, then?"

"A book made by one's desire to get the story they wished to exist."

"Like a fanfiction?"

I nodded my head in agreement.

"What if, in the main story, we are not supposed to end up together in the first place, so our fanfiction existed to make it happen?"

He then moved closer to my side and embraced me with his arms. As he gently stroked my head with his hand, I felt a sense of security and warmth within me.

I hugged him tight in return, seemingly trying to preserve this feeling as much as I can.

"If this is really a product of someone's imagination, then I am glad to witness it."

I let out a click in my tounge.

"Tsk. Pretending to be cool all of a sudden."

A smile formed in my lips. Deep inside, I am flattered. I am glad that Kim Dokja felt the same way as I do. I also felt relieved and contented with our situation right now.

I turned my head to look at him. Staring on his eyes for a while, I said to him,

"You know what? I want to kiss you right now."

"Please don't. We have to get up early tomorrow."

"It's just a kiss!"

Staring at his lips, I can't seem to hide my intentions any longer.

"When you say that way, I know it won't be just a kiss."

He then pushed me away. Hmmp! As if I'd let you do that!

"Don't let me use my Avatar Skill on you!"

He had no choice but to give up because he's always not in agreement whenever I use this skill of mine in this type of situation.

Just like that, another long night had begun.