ONE

A Sejlkyian wields fire

A Lvaiekian wields water

A Gargoian wields earth

A Vuaeian wields air

-

T H I R D P E R S O N

"Can someone tell me how she managed to get away scot-free?" Lema questioned his men as he entered his office after receiving the news of Carlisiann's escape.

"Actually, she was hit with an arrow—" One of the men began to which Lema interrupted with,

"But did she die?"

The man looked at the floor as he shook his head, "No sir."

"Karu, explain to me how this happened." He requested, his eyes shifting to his most trusted man, who straightened his posture before speaking.

"King Marin's men came unexpectedly to retrieve her, we don't know how he got word of the ambush." Karu informed him with a light frown that hinted at his frustration the whole event caused as it was no secret that Karu had been waiting for this moment for years, so there was a lot of regret sitting on his chest as he thought about a million things he could have done differently to change the outcome of the attack.

"Her advisor, Ghalen, can send messages using Ayb birds." Lema disclosed, filling the men with realisation and slight shock because it was a known fact that this ability was only common for Gargoian considering their connection to nature, so it was a rare sight for a Sejlkyian, and any other element wielder to possess this talent.

"If I had known, I would have handled him first bef—" Karu started, ready to excuse his oversight but Lema wasn't going to hear it today.

"That's why I told each and everyone of you to do your research before the attack, and Ghalen should have already been dead, the order was to take out all the fire wielders and take the girl, dead or alive." Lema told them, his voice bouncing off the walls in the room to greet their ears more than once, and the men winced slightly as they kept their eyes on the floor.

"We apologise sir, I promise we'll get her next time."

-

C A R L I S I A N N

Screams.

Blood.

Death.

That was the continuous cycle of my life whenever I found the audacity to take a step outside my kingdom's protective walls in search of a life beyond the concrete view despite my ailment that made travelling quite difficult.

Screams.

Soldiers.

Blood.

Everywhere.

Death.

Present.

These were the brief but hazy memories of the 'accident' that flashed through my mind like a bad dream on a stormy night.

I remembered being forced awake from my drugged sleep with the help of my advisor, Ghalen. I remembered my ears being met by shouts—screams of each soldier that accompanied me, and I remembered the hurried and heavy steps of my bodyguard as he tried to lead me to safety. Unfortunately, I was unsure of his success because I had passed out the second I left the comforts of my carriage, and in this current moment, I was too scared to open my eyes to see where I was despite having a slight hunch that I was safe because of the soft surface my body laid against, but there was still this lingering feeling of uncertainty that made it extremely hard to find reassurance in the soft fact.