16. The Insecurities

The rising Sun was warm on Pete's back, but Kao in his embrace was warmer. He couldn't help but smile at the feeling as he settled his head on Kao's shoulder. Pete could say that Kao was not as relaxed just from the sweat drops dripping down from the back of his ears, so he planned to make the words as soothing as possible, but the excitement and nervousness building in him, the fact that it's all a first for him was catching up to him, he took a deep breath and called for the Alpha in him, to give him confidence and strength and as if he couldn't wait any longer, as if his chest has been constricted with those words, he slowly breathed them out... "I don't think I can breathe another breath if you don't own me,"...." So, Kao, Could you snap out of it and do me the ultimate benevolent act of accepting me as yours?"

Kao got uncomfortable in Pete's embrace, he gently pushed Pete away... "Pete, I... I am not..." Kao hesitantly looked up at Pete... Pete looked pale...   "Oh my god, Pete Breath... Pete come on"

Pete looked sick, he gasped and started breathing with pauses, it was as if someone was strangling him, Kao was confused at everything, He was not able to comprehend what was going on, He knew how Alphas get if they fail in love, they become hopeless cases, some act arrogant and controlling, some start having Panic attacks, but that can't explain Why Pete was behaving that way as Pete never tried to impress or get to know him. None of it made sense for Kao. No matter how much he tried to convince himself his sane mind refused to accept that Tay's word could be real. 

Kao looked around hoping someone would show up and help him as he held Pete's hands. Pete didn't stop gasping. He kept getting worse, as each second passed, the hopelessness in Pete kept building. 

"Kao, I love you" Pete gasped... "Please, Please say you love me too, You do, D..D..Don't you?"

Kao's crunched face was not even showing one percent of the chaos he was feeling inside. But that didn't matter, even if it was all a lie, he still decided to continue living in the moment. Live being true to himself.

"Yes... Yesss.... I love you, Pete... Even if you are only acting, Even if this is all a prank, I do, honestly love you, How can I not?" As he spoke the words, Kao's eyes watered, he tried hard to observe Pete through all the saline. 

Pete let out a last gasp and a faint smile spread on his lips. His eyes watered too mirroring Kao's, "I can't lose you Kao, I can't lose you too, So I had to make sure you would stay," Pete pulled Kao into a tight hug once again... "I am sorry for coming on strongly like that but it was hard to wait, it was hard to act like we are just an Alpha and Omega, You are not just any other Omega for me, You were never"

"Ho... How can I know you are telling the truth? How can I believe this is all true Pete? " Kao questioned, his eyes focusing on the morning Sun.

"Ask me, Ask me everything you want to know, Ask me till you can believe it" Pete didn't let Kao go, he insisted on talking like that, in each other's embrace. 

"You just wanted to keep an Omega close to satisfy your desires, That is what you told me at least, Isn't it?" Kao was close to winning... "You even told me that you were raising Tara not to have attachment issues"

"I... I just said whatever I needed to say to make you move in with us, I wanted you to get close to Ara, to me, to a point that you wouldn't be able to let go, I just couldn't let you be away from me" 

"Ahhhh...???" Kao tried pushing Pete off, to show the surprise on his face. 

But Pete didn't budge... "Let's keep talking like this"

"Tara might wake up, You should let me go" Kao insisted

"No, Tara will have to know we are together at some point anyway, It's fine"