8. Nature

Khai was waiting for Third, when Third dragged Kao with him to the parking lot. 

Khai's eyes reddened once they met with Kao's. 

"Khai, You still haven't calmed down?" Third asked pouting and hugging Khai's hand... "What did Pete say?"

Khai took a deep breath and looked at Third..."He said he has stopped having one-night stands and that he is only seeing Kao now"

"So you are okay with it right?" Kao asked eagerly

"He also mentioned that this is purely physical," Khai looked at Kao "I am not sure how you guys convinced yourself that this is going to end well but since you are also struggling because of your failed first love, for now I will let you guys be, Still, Listen to me carefully, if I even as much doubt that you are catching feelings for him, I swear I will drag you out of there and send you home to your parents, Damn your studies" Khai sounded scary and even scarier to Kao

Kao nodded vigorously.

"But why is Kao the only one getting warned, What if Pete falls for Kao" Third questioned

"Third, That's next to impossible, Pete is surely a Royal Alpha, If anything I am afraid Kao would get addicted to him" Khai laid a hand on Kao's shoulder... "Kao, just make sure you don't get l attached to Tara since now you live with them. Otherwise, you will break her heart when you have to leave"

Kao nodded again and went to hug Khai but Khai stopped him moving away... "Please, Not when you are stinking like that"

Kao chuckled... "I am just glad that this is over, You have no idea how scared I was about you finding it out and it was inevitable"

"Kao, I am not just your friend, I am dating Third, Which means I am your brother too and it's my job to protect you, So don't make any more decisions like these without consulting" Khai warned

"Yes, Yes, I got that" Kao beamed holding Third's hand and leading them out... "I need to get going now, I am getting late for my shift"

"You are still keeping your part-time job?" Khai asked worried

"Ya, I give you my word that I will quit if it gets too much" Kao assured

"Yes?, Are you telling me that you are not aching every time you move now?" Khai sounded sarcastic

"No, because I took my painkillers," Kao smiled and climbed into the car that was waiting for him .... "Got to go, See you later"

As they watched Kao's car turn the corner, Khai and Third let out a heavy sigh and looked at each other helplessly. 

Kao was surprised to see Pete in the living room when he got back that night after his part-time job. 

"You are still up?" Kao asked dropping himself on to the couch beside Pete. 

Pete wrapped an arm around Kao's shoulder and pulled him in... "Uu hu, I was worried"

"Worried? Why?" 

"Khai came to see me this afternoon, So I was worried if he had scolded you" Pete's voice was calm and soothing

"He kind of did, But it's okay, He is not unreasonable" 

"Kao, I am definitely glad that you are doing this with me. But if this is doing you bad than good then I need you to tell me and we can call it quits" 

Kao laughed... "You sound a lot like Khai, But sure, I will make sure to let you know if I need to take a break"

"Good, Now go freshen up, Dinner is already in your room, Just eat up and rest" Pete patted Kao's head.