4.2 Tara

"Third, Pete would never take Kao seriously, He would never take anyone seriously, Kao, forget you ever met him, In fact, forget you lost your virginity, As far as I am concerned you never slept with anyone" Khai stated

Third smiled... "You are exaggerating Khai, He can't be that bad, come on! He even let us crash at his place last night"

"I didn't say he is a bad person, I wouldn't be close to him if he is, He is the best cousin I could ask for and I love him, But I just can't let Kao get involved with him, I can't let anyone I care about, get involved with him" Khai explained

"How can you be so sure?, Don't you know how many people are head over heals for Kao, Kao is amazing and is capable of changing him, Kao even might be the one for him" Third beamed

"There is no ONE for him Third, Let's drop this conversation now, Kao you are not going anywhere near him anymore and that is it" Khai's stern voice stopped Omegas from asking any more questions

Still, Kao dared after a few minutes and asked slowly.... "Is it because of Tara?"

Third's eyes went wide... "You have met her too?"

"No!" Kao answered dejected

"Who is she?" Third asked raged

"His Daughter" Khai replied... "She is turning 7 this year"

There was only silence after that in the car till Third finally declared... "Okay, Kao, You are not allowed to see Pete anymore!"

"Third, I am not 'Seeing' him even now" Kao clarified with air quotes

"Tsk, You know what I mean, You can't sleep with him anymore" Third elaborated

"Hmmm, Ofcourse I won't, Why would I sleep with someone after finding out that he is married" Kao dropped his shoulders

"He is not married" Khai clarified... "He never was or is, And as far as I know he has never even been in a relationship, He only ever had one-night stands, that too after Tara came into his life, I think before that he was a virgin" Khai recited... "He was famous even when he was in college, Anyone who has ever been near him could sense how powerful an Alpha he was, and I don't think there was any exceptional Omega who wouldn't hit on him, But he never encouraged them, Being a virgin Alpha in his 20s, I still wonder how he managed that, Even I used to be tired in school from rejecting people who used to approach me just to get his phone number, But he, he never budged. He was a nerd and he was the happiest when his Sister got married. He threw a huge party when he found out his sister got pregnant. He graduated while his sister was still pregnant and joined his Grandfather at the company to start taking over the business. They were one big happy and successful family, A lot of our relatives were jealous of them for being the perfect ever after, maybe it was all that jealousy that caught up to them, When Tara was two her parents met with an accident. Pete was shattered, His sister was everything to him, She raised him not as his sister but as his mother. Everyone thought he might go insane, I mean to see his Sister and Brother-in-law pass away just like his parents, He couldn't bear it, He started behaving wildly, broke everything he could see, became a drunkard, started sleeping with everyone that he came across, He even sold a bunch of his shares to random people during that time, No matter what we did, what we say, He didn't stop. And then one day he came home drunk, I was visiting his grandfather with my father at that time, and we were all in a meeting when we heard a crash. We all ran out to see that Pete was driving drunk and had crashed into another car in front of the mansion. His head, Hands, legs, everything was bleeding, but as if it was not hurting even a bit, he got out of the car and started staggering towards his room. He didn't let anyone help. He didn't listen when we said he needed to go see a doctor. He only stopped once he had climbed the steps, when he saw Tara sitting at the entrance crying, unattended. As soon as their eyes met Tara stopped crying, Pete was bleeding, all red but Tara smiled at him as if he was all she ever wanted. Pete couldn't help but smile back. He flinched as he bent to pick her up but managed to take her with him into his room. I was really worried because he definitely had a broken bone or two, But we were asked to leave right away and My father dragged me out of there. However, I was unable to stay put, I went to see him as soon as I woke up the next morning and I saw Pete as a changed man. He had bandages all over, still, he was all smiles as he fed Tara her food."

"So he is not actually Tara's father!" Was what Third concluded

Khai shook his head... "Don't ever say that in front of him or Tara, Tara calls him Dad, And he wanted it to be that way, Grand Father was so against it, He said if he becomes Tara's father he might not be able to find a good match to get married in the future, Grand Father badly wants his bloodline to continue you see, But Pete sternly said that there is no way he would let Tara grow up Parent less... Grand Father even left the company and started living in the old mansion in the village but Pete still hasn't budged, He simply took over the business and Tara's responsibilities"

"It sounds like he really is a great guy, Why do you not want Kao to be with him then? Do you not want him to find his happiness?" Third asked skeptically

"Shut up Third, I want him to be happy more than anyone, But I know how stubborn Pete can be, If not for Tara, Pete would have either ended up in Jail or being handicapped by now, He would never get married, He would never believe anyone around her, I don't want Kao to get involved with him and experience another break-up, While Pete would only see him as an Omega he can use, I know Kao, Kao will start developing feeling for him and suffer" Khai explained his concern

Third nodded... "I guess Khai is right Kao, Why be with someone with so much baggage when you have so many choices!"

"But Guys, You know I am not looking for anything serious right now, Don't you?" Kao asked clarifying

"Are you saying you will still get involved with Pete?" Third sounded a bit angry

"All I am saying is that I am not planning on doing anything at the moment, But I definitely won't deny if an opportunity shows up," Kao said

"Are you expecting Pete to come and find you?" Khai enquired

Kao shook his head... "Forget it, I heard what you guys said, I will be careful Okay?"

"You don't have to be careful, Just be away from Pete" Khai repeated

"Fine, Fine I got it" Kao agreed.

Despite the insincerity in Kao's voice, Khai and Third decided to let the topic end there.

"Cool What do you want for lunch then, I am starving," Khai asked to lighten the mood

A/N: HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!! Let's have a blast this 2024 Dears

P.S: A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!