15. Yours

Pete squeezed Kao's hand offering him assurance. Kao smiled at that. Pete's eyes were on the road, but he didn't let go of Kao's hand. Kao's eyes eased as they observed Pete's hand staying on his. Kao took his time to collect his thoughts and took a deep breath wanting to speak.

But before Kao could utter a word, he heard a murmur from the back seat..."P'Kao"

Kao quickly let go of Pete's hand and reached for Tara in the back, " I am right here Tara"

"Ummm... " she wriggled in sleep " where are  we?"

Kao smiled at her sleepy face... " In Dad's car. We are going home"

" uuuu ?" her eyes woke up wide and she leaned to look at her dad " Dad?"

Pete also smiled at her "Hey Princess, Did you sleep well?"

"Yes but why we are going home? I still haven't played with Grandpa"

"Grandpa is too old to play with you dear " Pete tried to convince her.

"But  I wanted to tell him not to drink. Last night he yelled at P'Kao, So I wanted to tell him that P'Kao is a really good boy and takes care of me very well, Dad, I need to talk to Grandpa"

"It's okay Tara. Dad already told Grandpa not to drink. He won't drink anymore" Kao assured.

" But?"

" Ara Don't you want to come home with me? I came to pick you up since I missed you a lot last night"

"Really?" she beamed.

" Yes, I have never been away from you for long, Have I?"

Tara thought for a while and nodded eagerly "Yes. Dad has never left me for long"

"Ya, Since I am at home alone, Without you, It was scary and I missed you a lot?"

"Daddy, I missed you too, When GrandPa was yelling, P'Kao looked very White, I wish you were there to stop GrandPa from yelling at P'Kao" Tara pouted... "You should have come with us"

"Oh, I wish I did too dear, But since I had work to do I could not, But I am here now, and It's summer, How about we go home and swim the whole afternoon?" Pete gave her a little laugh. 

"Yaeee....." Tara cheered in the back and Kao kept smiling at the father-daughter interaction, forgetting all about his concerns and worries. 

Tara kept talking, telling her Dad and P'Kao all about her school friends and how they all are already playing house when they heard a growl. 

Kao looked at her with teasing eyes... "Is that our Tara's little stomach?"

She held her stomach and made a sad face before nodding at him. 

Kao nodded back with small laughs before turning to Pete... "Can we stop by somewhere and grab something to eat? Preferably where they would allow us to change" He looked down at his pyjamas and Tara's messed up hair. 

"No one cares about what you are wearing as long as you are paying, but the problem is nothing seems to be open around here this early," Pete said checking the road ahead... "Guess we should drop by a cafe or something"

"Cafe?, What would they have for Tara there?" Kao asked concerned. 

"Some milk and bread? That should do till we get home" Pete said pulling over at a small and empty cafe... "Looks like they just opened, Come on"

"Could you guys go ahead, I can change in here and follow you" Kao requested

Pete sighed... "Kao, It's not like you are naked, You are covered from Neck to toe, just get in there, Ara let's go"