Chapter 7: Hawthorn

Start from the beginning

"I'm not the one who killed her. It was an accident." He says as if he's so bored of it all.

"Right, accident. She was there for you, she was there to beg you to save this pathetic marriage but you---". Jeongguk stops. He doesn't know why he even came here.

"I'm counting the days when he gets tired of you too. In fact you might not even know that he's already tired of you." Jeongguk says to his father's wife.

"I think you're not familiar of your own ways of screwing others, are you?" His father asks.

"Yeah? Atleast I'm not a fucking cheater." Jeongguk spats and turns on his heels.

"Oh and by the way---". He looks at the woman one again. "He hits quite hard, get ready for the bruises if they haven't happened yet."

And he leaves, to where, he doesn't know but he needs to be as far from this treacherous place and man and as possible.

----------------

Taehyung is very surprised when he gets invited to a movie night at Yoongi's place by Yoongi himself.

Yoongi tells him they do it just for the sake of a gathering and away from Nova sometimes. He says something about trying to enjoy a mundane thing and Taehyung doesn't really understand that because being in a club is also mundane, is it not?

Anyways, Taehyung agrees because of course he agrees; Namjoon will be there too.

He's excited. He's so damn excited and wants to take flowers for Namjoon as well but that would be too much because everyone will be there.

He's been making a plan about asking Namjoon out on a little outing. Just a coffee date even though he hates coffee, he'll order a shake or anything. Or a stroll to any of Namjoon's favorite places.

He's been mustering up a lot of courage these past days and he doesn't want anything or anyone to ruin it.

Since it's late at night, the movie so he leaves well after he closes the shop. Yoongi had left earlier, saying he has to set his apartment because apparently Namjoon leaves quite a mess when he's in a hurry.

Taehyung finds that cute.

He decides to grab a few snacks as well on his way because he'd hate to go empty handed. He throws in a packet of lollipops as well because he likes them and doesn't care if anyone says it's childish.

He reaches the building and is in awe of the lavish atmosphere as it is in Hannam so of course it's a rich neighborhood but it leaves Taehyung in wonder nonetheless.

He was told the left building is where Namjoon and Yoongi's apartment is and Yoongi told him the apartment number as well so he makes haste to reach the building, doesn't want to be late then he already is.

He hears a rumble of a bike as well and stops when the bike stop in front of the entrance. He is about to take a turn but then the guy loses his helmet and Taehyung rolls his eyes.

"Can't contain your happiness after seeing me, petal?" Jeongguk grins in amusement as he gets off his bike.

Taehyung watches him, his bike and then his outfit, the jacket he's wearing and how his tattooed fingers enclose on the helmet he's holding by his waist now.

"Oh you really are so happy to see me." Jeongguk chuckles as he watches him stare. Taehyung looks at him in the eyes now.

"You wish." Taehyung scoffs.

If only Jeongguk wasn't an asshole and a completely vile person and maybe if Taehyung hadn't seen Namjoon first then it's possible he could've had a crush on this vile excuse of a man.