Wounds Can Heal Too.

Content warning: This chapter includes mentions of self-hatred, negative intrusive thoughts, blood, violence, and revenge.

Heaven's POV

It had been a challenging two weeks since I rescued the boys, and the tension in the house had certainly increased dramatically.

The boys, for the most part, continued to ignore my presence, with the exception of Namjoon, who would offer a casual greeting in the mornings and a welcoming smile when I returned from work.

With a significant investor meeting on the horizon for our upcoming project, I had thrown myself back into work full-force. 

This project was not only a crucial milestone for my business empire but also a platform to raise awareness for the often-overlooked hybrid community.

The concept of a clothing line designed specifically for hybrids had blossomed the moment I brought the boys into my home. I knew it was a risky venture, given the prevailing prejudice against hybrids, but I was determined to make a difference.

I had a secret weapon up my sleeve that I believed could tip the scales in our favor, and failure was simply not an option.

My days had blurred into a relentless cycle of work and little rest, fueled by a drive to see this project through to success.

As I trudged wearily towards the front door, exhausted from another grueling day at the office, the prospect of finally being able to rest my heavy eyelids felt like a distant luxury.

As I was about to take the home elevator up to my room, the exhaustion of the day had me craving a shortcut instead of taking the stairs. However, a movement caught my attention in the corner of my eye, momentarily bringing me out of my daze.

With a few blinks, I focused on the source of the movement and a chill ran down my spine.

A large white snake, easily measuring twelve to fifteen inches in length, was slithering slowly across the gray marble tiles, weaving an eerie path before me.

Before panic could fully grip me, another presence entered my field of vision, causing my knees to waver involuntarily from the jolt of fear.

A majestic black panther sat before me, its intense gaze locking with mine, deep green eyes piercing through my senses as though challenging me to react.

In a state of shock, I attempted to retreat, forgetting about the snake, when a low, menacing growl resounded from behind, sending shivers down my spine and causing the hair on the back of my neck to stand on end.

Frozen in place, too petrified to even dare a movement, the weight of impending danger hung heavy in the air. Each breath felt like a struggle, heavy and strained, as a surge of primal fear coursed through me.

Summoning the last shred of courage within, I mustered the strength to turn around, only to find myself face to face with a large snow leopard, its wild eyes capturing the essence of untamed wilderness in a chilling stare.

In that moment of peril, surrounded by formidable predators, a profound sense of vulnerability enveloped me, rendering me dizzy with fear. 

Each heartbeat seemed to echo like a drum of impending doom, a symphony of dread reverberating through the confines of the space.

Amidst the surreal encounter with these dangerous creatures, a desperate prayer escaped my lips, imploring any divine entity listening to heed my call for salvation. The juxtaposition of seeking a moment of respite and finding myself encircled by perilous beasts painted an unsettling tableau of inexplicable events.