Uncertainties And Fear

Heaven’s POV

~Hybrid heaven~

It had been a grueling journey that spanned three months, each day dragging on with a sense of despair that seemed to permeate every moment. The relentless search for my boys dragged on me like a heavy stomp.

As we arrived at Hybrid Heaven, it was evident that Jungkook and Jimin had borne the brunt of the abuse, as they were immediately ushered into intensive care.

The rest of my precious hybrids were tended to, receiving necessary checkups and care for their visible wounds. I watched as bruises were carefully cleansed and wrists were gently bandaged, a painful reminder of the trauma they had endured. We all sat in tense anticipation, waiting for the results of Jimin and Jungkook's assessments.

The memories of finding them in such harrowing states haunted me, the images seared into my mind like a brand. Jungkook, violated in front of his pack mates, their helpless eyes witnessing a nightmarish scene they could not intervene in. The mere thought of it made my heart ache with a depth of sorrow I had never known.

Attempting to assist them into the car, I was met with a stark avoidance of my touch from all except Namjoon. I understood their reaction, yet the rejection pierced me in a way that felt almost unbearable. I struggled not to internalize their reluctance, knowing that the wounds they bore were more than just physical.

Hours later, the doctor emerged, his expression betraying a hint of unease that sent a shiver down my spine. I braced myself for his words, dreading what news he might deliver.

"Doctor, how are they doing?" I inquired, my voice laced with a mix of fear and hope as my fellow hybrids waited with bated breath.

The doctor's hesitation was palpable, his uncertainty hanging heavy in the air like a cloud of impending doom. "Well, due to their hybrid DNA, they managed to survive, but..." he trailed off, his words laden with a weight that made my stomach churn.

"But what, doctor?" Namjoon's voice wavered slightly, mirroring the anxiety that gripped us all.

"Jimin has entered a state of selective mutism, and Jungkook is struggling with a regression known as little space. It's a concerning situation, but one that can be treated," the doctor explained, his words landing like a crushing blow.

My breath caught in my throat, my blood running cold as the reality of their conditions sank in. Not my precious hybrids, not the ones I had vowed to protect at all costs. Guilt washed over me in a wave of self-reproach, my heart heavy with the burden of my perceived failure.

I had made a promise to shield them from harm, to be their guardian in a world that had shown them cruelty. Yet, in my arrogance and complacency, I had allowed them to be snatched away under my very nose. The weight of that betrayal bore down on me, a crushing reminder of the consequences of my shortcomings.

As I was lost in my own thoughts of self-doubt and reflection, a sudden growl followed by screams echoed from the room down the hallway, immediately drawing my attention. Without even consciously trying, I knew who it was - Jungkook.

With a rush of adrenaline, I sprinted towards the commotion, the boys trailing behind me. My eyes widened in shock and horror at the chaotic scene unfolding before me.