vogue

AMY'S POV:

"and if they call me a slut, you know it might be worth it for once"

The days before the Oscars were totally intense. Brady and I were...cool I guess, but things seemed kind of awkward after we kissed. Don't get me wrong, the kiss was magical, straight out of a movie. But as much as I tried, things were not the same as they were before the "incident" that night. I was having second thoughts about everything but I had to fight it because you know, its Brady we're talking about here. The guy I've had a major crush on for what feels like forever, and now we're actually into each other? It's like, a dream come true, but my mind kept racing with second thoughts every time I saw him. Like, what if it's not perfect? What if I mess it all up again?  

Still, I couldn't deny the butterflies that fluttered in my stomach whenever I saw Brady. Maybe, just maybe, everything would turn out okay in the end. But for now, I had to focus on getting ready for the Oscars and pretending like everything was totally chill. The Oscars are the perfect distraction...or so I thought.

Vogue had called me a few days back, asking if they could document my getting ready process for the Oscars. Obviously, I agreed—it's not every day you get the chance to be featured in Vogue, right? So, I woke up bright and early at 8 am. Brady and I were staying at the same hotel, and he was getting ready in the room next to mine.

As I was going through my hair and makeup routine, there was a sudden knock on the door. I thought it was the Vogue crew, but to my surprise, it was Brady.

"Hey, big day today, you ready?" Brady asked, his smile making my heart skip a beat.

"Yeah, I guess. I mean, this is my first public appearance in a while, so the nerves are definitely kicking in," I admitted, trying to play it cool.

"Don't overthink it Ames. I'll be right by your side the whole time, besides you're wearing my good luck hoodie while getting ready, whenever I've worn that hoodie before a big event, things have always turned out great, so we'll be fine," Brady reassured me, his presence instantly calming my nerves.

"Thanks, Bray. You have no idea how much of a relief it is for me that you're coming with me," I said gratefully, feeling a surge of gratitude towards him.

Brady smiled and gave me a quick peck on the lips before settling onto the bed, scrolling through his phone. But his expression suddenly changed, and he exclaimed, "NO FUCKING WAY!"

"What's wrong?" I asked, curious and a little concerned.

"Hector's coming to the Oscars as well" Brady muttered, his tone laced with disbelief and irritation. My heart sank at the mention of Hector's name. What was he doing here? And more importantly, what did it mean for us?

"What? That doesn't make any sense. He doesn't even act. Why is he invited to the Oscars?" I asked, baffled by the news about Hector.

"Apparently, they let anybody into the Oscars these days," Brady grumbled, his irritation evident in his voice.

"Don't worry, Brady. You'll be with me the whole time, so let's not let that jerk ruin our night," I reassured him, trying to ease his concerns.

"Yeah, but I'm not letting you leave my side tonight, for real this time," Brady insisted, his protective instincts kicking in.

"It's okay, Brady, relax. We'll be fine," I said, attempting to soothe him.

"But I can't relax when that jerk's gonna be there," Brady replied, his worry palpable.

"I know something that can help you relax," I said with a mischievous smile, walking over to Brady and sitting down next to him on the bed. Wrapping my arms around his neck, I leaned in and kissed him gently, hoping to relieve some of his stress.