someone you loved

BRADY'S POV:
"i let my guard down, and then you pulled the rug, I was getting kinda used to being someone you loved"

(play the "night we met" by lord huron while reading this chapter)

I lied to Amy about my manager calling me, it was actually Connor calling but I didn't tell her because I wanted it to be a surprise.

"Yo, Connor," I greeted, trying to sound chill but totally failing.

"Brady, dude, have you asked Amy yet?" Connor's voice sounded urgent, like he was about to give me a major pep talk.

I hesitated, feeling kinda guilty. "Nah, man, not yet," I admitted, my stomach doing somersaults.

Connor let out this big sigh, like he was disappointed in me or something. "Bro, what's the hold up? You gotta make a move before someone else swoops in."

I swallowed hard, feeling the pressure building up. "I know, Connor. I've got a plan, though," I said, trying to sound more confident than I felt.

"What's the plan, dude?" Connor asked, sounding curious.

I took a deep breath, trying to psych myself up. "Listen, I'm gonna ask her to be my girlfriend tonight, at Hector's party. I'll ask the DJ to play her favorite song, Daylight and I'll pop the question then. It's gonna be the perfect moment, alright?"

Connor didn't say anything for a sec, but I could tell he was down with it. "Solid plan, Brady. Just go for it, man. I'm rooting for you."

"Thanks, Connor. I'll hit you up later and let you know how it goes," I said, feeling pumped up and ready to make my move.

As I ended the call, I felt a renewed sense of purpose wash over me. Tonight was the night. I was going to take a chance on love, even if it meant risking everything. And as I made my way back to Amy, my heart beat with anticipation, ready to seize the moment and make it mine.

As I plunged back into the chaos of Hector Fort's party, my heart thrummed with anticipation. I was on a mission to find Amy, to finally ask her to be my girlfriend and put an end to the uncertainty swirling between us.

But in the midst of the pulsating crowd, Amy was nowhere to be seen. Panic surged through me as I pushed through the throngs of people, my eyes darting around in search of her familiar figure.

"Have you seen Amy?" I shouted over the blaring music, but my words were lost in the loud music.

I whipped out my phone, dialing Amy's number in a desperate attempt to reach her. But the call went unanswered which didn't surprise me because it was impossible to hear anything let alone a ring tone because of how loud the music was.

Time stretched on agonizingly as I continued my fruitless search, my anxiety mounting with each passing second. What if something had happened to her? What if I never got the chance to tell her how I felt?

Just when I was about to give up hope, a familiar voice broke through the chaos. It was Ryan, his expression mirroring my own concern as he hurried over to me.

"Brady, have you seen Amy?" he asked, his voice tinged with worry.

I shook my head, my heart sinking at the thought of Amy being lost in the crowd. "No, I haven't. I've been looking everywhere, but she's nowhere to be found."

Together, Ryan and I scoured the party, calling out Amy's name amidst the sea of faces. But as the minutes ticked by, the knot of fear in my stomach only tightened, leaving me gripped by a sense of dread.