perfect

BRADY'S POV:

"when you said you looked a mess, I whispered underneath my breath, but you heard it, darling, you look perfect tonight"

As Amy stood in the doorway, facing me, my heart was pounding so hard I thought it might burst out of my chest. Seeing her there, made me realize just how much I'd missed her. I wanted to reach out, to wrap her in a hug and never let her go, but I knew I had to be careful. I knew I had to make things right even though the past few weeks haven't been the best.

FLASHBACK:

I sat in my room, the weight of recent events bearing down on me like a ton of bricks. The media frenzy surrounding Amy was relentless, and I couldn't shake off the guilt of not being there for her when she needed me most. But I needed time to process everything that had happened that night.

Connor barged in, concern etched on his face. "Hey dude, mind if I join you?" he asked, his tone gentle.

I shrugged, avoiding Connor's gaze. "Sure, whatever," I muttered, feeling defeated.

Connor took a seat beside me, "You seem kinda down, bro. Wanna talk about it?" he offered, his voice full of concern.

I ran a hand through my hair, frustration and regret swirling inside me. "It's Amy, man. I screwed up big time, and now everything's a mess," I confessed, my voice heavy with guilt.

"Brady, I get it, man. Everything that happened sounds rough," Connor said, his tone sympathetic. "But you and Amy have been through a lot together. You can't let one mistake ruin everything you've built."

I nodded slowly, a glimmer of hope igniting inside me. "Yeah, you're right," I admitted, determination flickering in my voice. "I can't give up on her that easily."

Connor grinned, giving me a playful punch on the shoulder. "That's the spirit, bro. We'll figure this out together but I think you should see her first and talk to her."

"Yeah, you're probably right," I replied. The thought of facing Amy again filled me with a mix of fear and longing. But deep down, I knew that I needed to confront her and clear the air between us.

Connor nodded, his expression filled with encouragement. "Just be honest with her, Brady. Tell her how you feel and listen to what she has to say. Communication is key," he advised, his voice earnest.

I took a deep breath, steeling myself for what was to come. "Thanks, Connor. I'll talk to her and see where things go," I said with determination.

"Good luck, bro. I'm rooting for you," Connor said, giving me a supportive pat on the back before heading out of the room.

FLASHBACK ENDS

"Hey, Amy," I managed to say, trying to keep my voice steady despite the whirlwind of emotions inside me. 

"I... I didn't expect to see you here." Her response was soft, tinged with uncertainty and a hint of embarrassment as she glanced down at herself. "Ugh, I look a mess."

Despite her self-consciousness, I couldn't help but chuckle softly under my breath. To me, Amy looked just as beautiful as ever.

Even though she looked like she hadn't left her bed in days, her tousled hair and wrinkled clothes didn't diminish her beauty in my eyes. There was something about her vulnerability that drew me in, like a magnet pulling me closer.

And as I watched her, a surge of protectiveness washed over me, mingling with the admiration and affection that had been brewing inside me for so long. Despite everything she was going through, Amy was still the most beautiful person I had ever known, inside and out. And I knew, without a doubt, that I would do anything to see her smile again.