17) My worst nightmare

Kiara's POV

"Ladies and gentlemen, I have another important announcement to make."

We turned towards Mr. Rajveer, who held a glass of champagne in his hand.

"I am glad my son has found his perfect match. Someone who'd stay by his side forever and support him in every step of his life."

Okay, he was exaggerating.

"Initially, we had planned on a long engagement. But you know what, the wait is really killing me. And most of you know very well that I'm not a patient person."

I had a queasy feeling in the pit of my stomach. Something felt wrong to me.

"So, the good news is that we have fixed the date of Arjun and Kiara's marriage." He announced.

WHAT?

No. No!

But... But Arjun said he would figure something out. He said he would get us out of this mess.

"They'll be getting married on the 16th of August." Everyone cheered while I stood frozen in my place.

NO.

For a second, my heart stopped beating.

This couldn't happen. This couldn't happen.

Blood rushed to my ears and everything seemed to be fading away.

I could concentrate only on one thing. I was getting married in a week.

I wasn't ready for this. I wasn't ready for the marriage. It was too soon.

It felt like time had stopped.

My eyes snapped to Arjun and he couldn't have looked angrier. In fact, he looked furious. A mixture of disbelief and rage painted on his face. His eyes met mine and flashed dangerously while I suppressed a shiver at the cold look in his eyes.

He approached Mr. Rajveer as quickly he could without making it obvious and said something which made his dad frown. People celebrated around me, friends and family, but my brain had stopped functioning long back.

I would have to think of something.

I saw Arjun marching off to somewhere and Mr. Rajveer following him with a look of distress on his face.

This seems like trouble.

"Psst. Kia." Maahi whisper yelled in my ear, breaking my reverie. "Introduce me to that sexy hunk of a man." She pointed to Rohan.

I passed a worried look to where Arjun and his dad went, biting my lip.

What's gonna happen now? Should I go after them?

No, I would just wait here. Maybe Arjun would convince his dad somehow.

Be positive, Kia. Something will work out.

Exhaling a deep breath, I focused on my surroundings. I needed a distraction before I spiraled out of control.

"Kia." Maahi shook my arm. "Bitch, you better start talking right now or else you're gonna regret it." She warned.

Oh, here's a perfect distraction.

"Fine." I sighed and then grinned, trying to hide my worry. "Just stop staring at him like a hungry wolf. Come with me. And behave."

"Yay!" She squealed in my ear, making me wince.

Chuckling softly at her over enthusiasm, I looked at Rohan who was standing nearby, talking to Sid and Anushka surprisingly.