3) This is so unfair

Kiara's POV

I stood there, stunned, not knowing how to respond. I was not expecting this reaction.

Well then, what exact reaction were you expecting from a random man you just yelled at?

My mouth clamped shut as the gorgeous stranger approached us. I couldn't come up with any words as I stared at his godly face.

"Care to repeat what you just said?" He arched a brow, his condescending tone seeping into his words.

Oh god! His voice.

There was something very wrong with me.

Not the time to admire his voice, Kia!

His fingers snapped in front of my face and I nearly leapt in surprise.

Say something, you idiot.

But what?

My dumbfounded expression seemed to make him angrier and he let out an impatient breath. "I asked you a damn question."

The rudeness in his voice seemed to snap me out of my daze. I cleared my throat and straightened up.

Looking straight into his black eyes, I willed some courage in my voice. "Are your ears as bad as your driving skills?" I asked him with a sweet, mocking smile and then glared at him. "I said you need to learn to drive."

Great going, Kia. Aggravate him some more.

"If you didn't have buttons for eyes and you actually looked where you were going, then maybe this wouldn't have happened." He gestured at my shirt.

I gasped.

How dare he?

"Of course, what else can I expect from an ignorant jerk like you?" I scoffed.

If he looked angry before, he looked furious now. He clenched his jaw tightly which highlighted his cheekbones and spoke in a dead, calm voice. "This ignorant jerk can make your life a living hell with a single flick of his hand. So, watch your mouth."

Just like I ignore the red flags in my fictional boyfriends, I ignored his words. Completely. "Or what?"

"Do you even know who I am?" The warning in his tone didn't go unnoticed by me.

There it is, the favorite line of rich, spoiled brats.

But he didn't stop there. "Cause if you did, you wouldn't be standing here spewing gibberish from your gibberish mouth."

Typical rich people.

Just as I was going to give him another smart-ass comeback, Maahi let out a horrified gasp and whispered. "Oh my fucking goodness! Are you- Are you Arjun Singhania? "

His eyes momentarily left mine to glance at Maahi. "Glad you noticed." He said dryly, sarcasm evident in his tone. He looked back at me. "At least, your friend over here has some brains."

"As in THE ARJUN SINGHANIA?" She tried to confirm, air quoting his name and swallowed harshly.

"Do you want a fucking birth certificate?" He growled angrily, clearly impatient with her repeating questions.

Arjun Singhania? Who is that-

Wait. Wait. Wait!

And then it clicked me.

Arjun Singhania! The sole heir of Singhania Industries. His dad owned the majority of hotels and restaurants across the city. I had seen his photo once in a magazine of about young billionaires.