15) Smile

*chuckles at readers staring in shock*

You weren't expecting me this soon, were you?

Hehe.

Don't die of a heart attack, you need to read the rest of the book too.

Hehehehehe.

Have fun reading! :)

Kiara's POV

They say that time flies by real quick. I really didn't believe it, until now. It seemed like it was just yesterday that I had met Arjun and today was our engagement. Yes! Engagement. Mr. Rajveer had organised a grand party in one of the hotels he owns. I got the news 3 days ago like a bomb being dropped on my head and almost fell off my chair on hearing it.

I was never the one to happily roam around and shop for hours. So imagine the pain I had to go through while shopping with 4 over enthusiastic friends of mine. I think all of them were on a sugar high. There is no other explanation as to why they were so bouncy and excited all the time. More excited than me.

They had their doubts about this whole arranged marriage thing in the start. Maybe cause they knew me well. But with my amazing acting skills, I had convinced them I was happy with this decision.

Only God and the devil know the truth.

We had gone through at least 20 different shops but still they didn't find anything that looked good enough on me. According to them, I had to look perfect at the party, they couldn't take any chances. They had made it their ultimate mission to get me a dress. Finally after 3 hours of torture and trying on 102 dresses, we finally, and I thank the gods for this, finally found the perfect dress we were looking for. An off-shoulder black blouse paired with a golden skirt till ankles. The lower part of the skirt was covered with embroidered flowers of different colours. As soon as I saw the dress, I knew it was perfect. Everyone else seemed to agree with me as they fell in love with it as soon as I came out of the changing room with that dress on.

I looked at myself in the mirror nervously. The dress was looking beautiful. Feeling a little bare around my neck, I had worn a heavy necklace to complete the look. My hair were pinned in a low bun while some strands were falling on each side of my face. My make up was perfect, neither too heavy so that I didn't look too desperate to attract attention nor too light to show I haven't even made any effort. A little bit of foundation and concealer to hide some dark circles that I had acquired over previous sleepless nights, a red lipstick along with smoky eyes that brought out the brown colour of my eyes. All thanks to Nandini.

"Girl! You look ravishing." Anushka squealed from behind me while I tried to calm down my nerves. Smiling hesitantly at her, I started fidgeting with my fingers. The day was finally here. Many people would say that he would just slide a ring on my finger but even that meant a lot to me. I had spent restless nights, tossing and turning in my bed, thinking about my future and what it held for me. What would happen after the engagement? Would I find a way out of this mess? If not, then would I have to get married? What would be my life after that? With these million thoughts swarming in my head, my eyes swept around the room.

Everyone was busy. Saumya was on her phone, talking to someone very animatedly, Nandini was clicking selfies after selfies to post on instagram. Maahi was hopping around the room in excitement while Anushka was getting ready and yelling at others to find her lost ear ring. A bittersweet smile made way to my face on watching my friends. I was envious of them. Don't get me wrong, I love them a lot but they all seemed very happy right now. They had their lives sorted out. Well, they deserved all the happiness in the world. If this marriage thing had happened a few years down the lane, I would have been as happy as them, if not more.