13) When is the baby shower?

My, my. Guess who's here?

Your favorite author in the world!

Whoop-whoop!

The old readers must've had gone into shock on seeing me update so fast. Lol.

Have fun reading :)

Kiara's POV

Life is never the way you expect it to be. It is full of surprises and has its own way of testing you, throwing hurdles in your way when you least expect them. Some people learn it the easy way while others have a hard time realizing it. People like me.

*sigh*

On my 11th birthday, I waited all day for an owl to come at my house and drop my Hogwarts letter but nothing happened. Eventually, my dad had to drag me back to the house from the terrace where I was patiently waiting for an owl with binoculars in my hands.

Even now, I was waiting for an alpha werewolf to come and claim me as their mate. This was one of the main reasons I was still single. And probably because of my inability to flirt with the opposite gender without making a fool of myself. I mean is it too much to ask for a werewolf to kidnap me? Before you people question my sanity, I want to tell you that I am just a kid by heart. I have every right to dream of anything I want, be it vampires, angels, heck even unicorns!

But the question is- Did it happen? No. Instead I was getting hitched to a stranger who looked no less than a Calvin-Klein model. And right now, I was standing near the dining table with him, waiting for our parents who had 'apparently' gone to admire the beauty of their garden. In the night. Are you kidding me? I am pretty sure they intentionally left us alone so that we can get to know each other better and all that bullshit.

I sighed as my eyes roamed around and stopped at a very gorgeous male a few feet away from me. I couldn't help but notice the way his muscles flexed whenever he moved his arm, running fingers through his jet-black hair. The way he clenched his jaw, the way his eyebrows furrowed when he read something on his phone. The wa-

The loud ringing of my phone brought me back from my unholy thoughts as my cheeks flamed and I desperately tried to look for it.

Well, you can't really blame me for thinking like this. I was staring at a flower vase for the past 5 minutes which happened to be the most interesting thing in my vicinity except from Mr. I'm-perfect. Eventually, I got bored out of my mind and the homo-sapien beside me didn't even bother to initiate a conversation and I was still in a daze after what happened in the room.

Fishing the phone out of my pocket, I found it was Anushka calling me.

"Hello-"

"BITCH. When is the baby shower?" I had to physically lean away from the phone as Anushka yelled in despair. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. Was she drinking? No, she didn't drink. Was she on drugs? Oh no! She started taking drugs and she didn't even inform me. And then, in the middle of my absolutely ridiculous thoughts, realization hit me like a truck. A certain psychopath might have shouted the news on the microphone to the whole world.

Maahi!

"Anushka-"

"Don't Anushka me. And don't you dare choose Maahi as the godmother of your child. That is my title. Got it?" She screeched as I mentally face-palmed.

Can someone bring me a cup of water, please? Yeah, thanks, I would like to drown into it.

"Done?" I asked her, annoyed.

"Of course, not." She huffed. "So, tell me, is it a boy or a girl? Have you decided the colour scheme of your child's room?"

That's it. I was going to castrate Maahi.