10) I think I'm going mad

*hiding behind sofa*

*Maahi kicks author to the side*

*author screams and looks at angry readers*

Um... *gulps*

H-Hi!

*screeches as readers throw tomatoes and eggs at author*

IMSORRYHERESTHECHAPTERPLEASEDONTKILLMEBYEEEE.

Arjun's POV

This was her last wish.

The words echoed in my mind, my head feeling a little dizzy.

My heart clenched painfully in my chest as the old memories invaded my mind. The three of us playing in the garden when I was a kid. Mom cooking delicious food for me. Her reading bedtime stories to me.

My arms were limp on my side and my hands were balled into fists, nails digging in the skin of my palm.

I turned around and looked at dad. His eyes shone with a soft, sad look. The look he usually had when he missed mom.

He knows how much mom meant to me. How her death affected me. He knows I would have done anything for her, no matter how impossible or irrational it seemed. And he bloody well knows if mom had asked me to marry a random girl, I would have.

I had never been in such a conflicted position before. I had to choose, choose between my mind and my heart, whether to live my life or to destroy it.

I looked at dad with steely determination. "Fine. I agree." I said gruffly.

His face lit up on hearing me and he smiled. He was genuinely happy.

"For you, mom." I whispered to myself. "For you."

I peeked one last glance at dad and asked, "What if the girl says no?"

I needed to find a loophole in this somehow. Fast.

But that triumphant smirk on his face said it all. "She won't. I would make sure of it, she won't say no."

He had planned it all.

He had fucking planned it all.

It took everything in me to not yell at him. I rushed out of the room, heading straight for my penthouse, fully intending to keep myself busy with work.

I was reviewing a budget report when my phone buzzed. It was a text from dad.

I took a deep breath.

Was I ready for another earth-shattering news?

Dad's texts had started scaring me more than Sid's texts.

Bracing myself, I opened his text.

'Kiara Sharma - Your fiancée.'

Below it, was an attached photo. I looked at it carefully and
.
.
.
WHAT THE FUCK!?

I almost face-planted on the floor the way I sat up.

It was the same girl. The same girl who stopped me mid-way on a road. The same girl who threw coffee on me.

"You have got to be fucking kidding me." Heat shot through my veins as anger fired up inside me.

I stood up abruptly and started pacing the room, raking a hand through my hair.

"No, no, no, no. NO!" I whispered but ended up shouting and threw my phone across the room, breaking it into pieces.

Falling for my Husbandजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें