6) Prince Charming

GUESS WHO'S BACK FROM THE DEAD?

MUAHAHAHAHAH

Rajveer's POV

Starting my car, I sighed heavily as once again, the call went straight to voicemail. It had been 2 days since I had proposed the idea of marriage to Arjun and he had been ignoring me ever since.

Why doesn't he understand that I am just trying to help him? I am doing this for his own good. He is going to take over the business in some time and although the board of directors are impressed with his professional skills, they are very cautious of him as a person.

I believe marriage would ground him. He's a talented kid, no doubt, but his arrogance and temper can shadow his mind sometimes.

It's not like I was asking him to get married to the first girl he finds on the roadside. But he should at least seriously consider the idea before dismissing it completely. He would have to get hitched sooner or later and considering the workaholic he was, I knew he had no time for relationships.

Roshni was the one who suggested the idea of Arjun's marriage. Though I would never accept that in front of him. He already hates her with a passion I could never fathom.

Roshni is really a wonderful person. She was there with me when I needed someone to share my sorrow with. I don't know what grudge Arjun holds against her. He never even tried to hold a conversation with her.

He is just too stubborn. Just like his mom - Sapna.

Thinking about her brought a bittersweet smile to my face, the memories invading my mind. Only if she hadn't gone for that trip alone. Only if I had asked her to stay back and travel with me.

Only if...

I was so indulged in my thoughts that I didn't notice a truck speeding behind my car. Before I knew what was happening, the truck had crashed into my car with so much force that I jerked violently from my seat. My head hit the front glass and the car turned upside down. Stars clouded my vision as I tried to focus but in vain. I struggled to keep my eyes open, aimlessly trying to remove my seatbelt. Darkness was slowly consuming me and everything turned blurry. The last thing I remembered was a girl rushing towards me...

*

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

I stirred at the sound and slowly regained consciousness.

My eyes opened on their own accord and I was nearly blinded by the bright light. I blinked my eyes rapidly to get accustomed to my surroundings.

Where was I?

I looked around, only to find myself in a hospital room.

What-

Right. The accident.

How did I end up here?

That girl-

Did she bring me here?

As if on cue, the door of the hospital room opened and the same girl entered with my briefcase in her hands.

Hesitantly, she stepped closer and smiled politely, a slight nervousness to her voice. "Hello, sir. How are you feeling? "

"I am f-fine." I croaked, coughing slightly. My throat was completely dry and I swallowed harshly.

"Here, you should drink this." Placing my briefcase aside, she poured me a glass of water. "It will help with your throat."

I tried sitting up but in vain. I was extremely tired. Looking at my futile attempts, she helped me sit up properly.