"watch yourself, literally"

M❗️

Anastasia

Anastasia

Chris's hair is trimmed and my wrists deserve tombstones of their own from how dead they sat now. I haven't cut in a while, so about two heads has gotten me immobile in the hands already. I'd give anything to be able to cut hair with my father again, but that's a bit difficult when you're four states over trying to pursue a medical degree and a  figure skating career while paying rent, all at the same time.

I start sweeping up Chris's hair into a small pile on the ground, and grab a dustpan near by. I crouch down and sweep the hair into the miniature bin before tossing the brown locks into the trash can. "Where do these go?" I question quietly as I held up the shears and spray bottle. I spin around on my two feet to face Chris who examined himself in his phone camera, on the other side of the kitchen. He looks up and recognizes what's in my hands before he begins walking over to the side of the apartment that carried the bedrooms.

I follow him without a sound through the quiet home as we enter his bedroom. It feels way more intimidating with him in here at the same time as me. He places one of his hands palm flat onto the door as the other grasps the doorknob to slowly turn while stabilizing the door. All this being done in order to die down the loud sound he would be experiencing if he opened the door regularly versus this sneaky tip. He opens the door, for me it seems since he doesn't enter up until I do. "Thanks." I whisper. "Mhm." He responds. Tiredly, i'm assuming.

I crouch down and open up the cabinets to place the scissors and spray bottle back into their places. When I stand back up, I find Chris alongside me checking out his hair in the mirror. This seemed much better than an iphone camera, and I could get some real feedback now. I hop up onto the sink's edge and I watch his still-damp hair as he messes around with it in his reflection. "Thanks." He says, almost mocking me in a calm tone from when he opened up the door just a moment ago. I grin, too tired to laugh. "Mhm." I respond.

My eyes bounce down to his lips a couple times, i'll admit. What's even harder to admit is he noticed the moment it occurred like he's got a sixth sense. He simply scoffs with a hard-to-read one sided grin and grabs his toothbrush. "Want me to drive you home, again?" Chris says, teasingly. I furrow my brows. "What do you mean by that?" I question after a moment. He sticks the toothbrush into his mouth and leans his weight against one arm that rested straight out onto the sinks edge, beside my thigh that hung halfway over. His head was faced downwards into the sink but his eyes shoot up at me as I ask him. "Just asking." He spoke through a muffled, foamy voice.

The fact that he's playing cool, as if he didn't just pull off the most triggering joke.. or rather tease of all time, kind of made me want that 'ride' even more. Possibly not a ride home.. but certainly a ride. Plus, Chanel technically approved it.. and who said she'd have to find out again anyway? This is my life. No one else deserves to know every bit of my business. "Yeah. I do, actually." I say. He looks up at me through his freshly cut hair, that still hung over his face. "I was kidding," He says bluntly as he spits into the sink, and rinses his mouth. "Oh.. alright." I respond, purposefully adding a hint of sadness in my tone to really pull off that truly disappointed effect.