Going Back

Chapter 35

Going back

Lily, Violet, and Brennan flew on their dragons to where Sgaeyl guarded Andarna. The marked ones were already gathered in the area. Lyssa flew towards Chradh who wasn't far from where Andarna was. Garrick was leaning against him as Lyssa landed on the ground. Lily slid off and rubbed her hand down Lyssa's neck. Lyssa closed her eyes. Lily came up to Garrick, who watched her every move.

"Your meeting with your brother go well?" Garrick asked.

"It did." Lily said, watching as Violet looked at Andarna. "She's something else."

"She is. Its a mystery what Andarna is, but looks like we will have to keep it hidden when we get back." Garrick said. Lily didn't look at him. They go back it be graduation and he be gone. Garrick grabbed her chin and made him look at her. "I'm not looking forward to this either, Princess. I'm gonna enjoy the days I get to see you." Garrick pulled her into a hug and Lily wrapped her arms around him.

'Father is gonna hate this.' Lyssa said through the bond. Laughter was in her voice.

'Why?' Lily asked. Garrick and Lily looked at Lyssa.

"Andarna is now in what you humans call adolescent. And from what mother said I drove father crazy with it.' Lyssa explained.

"Oh gods." Lily laughed. Garrick chuckled. "So Andarna might be just as bad."

"Is she full grown?" Garrick asked, looking at Andarna.

'No. We need to get her back to the Vale so she can enter the Dreamless Sleep and finish the growth process.' Lyssa explained. Lily looked at the black scales.

"Is she another child of Tairn's and Sgaeyl's?" Lily wondered.

'No.' Lyssa said. The others were heading for Violet. Garrick and Lily move away from their dragons and head over.

"Is she awake yet?" Xaden asked. Violet turned to see Lily, Imogen, Garrick, Bodhi, and others flanking him. Lily comes to stand with her siblings.

"We have to go back." Violet said, crossing her arms. "No matter what that Assembly says, if we don't go back, they'll kill every cadet with a rebellion relic." Lily got worried for Garrick's sister, who be joining in a week. Xaden nods.

"They'll see right through whatever lie you're going to tell, and they'll execute you, Violet. Acording to our intelligence, General Sorrengail already know you and Lily are missing." Brennan said. Lily and Violet share looks. Their mother wasn't there on the dias when War Games orders were handed out. Colonel Aetos was in charge of the games this years.

"Our mother won't let them kill us." Lily said.

"Say that again." Brennan said, tilting his head. "And this time try to convince yourself that you mean it. The general's loyalties are so crystal-fucking-clear that she might as well tattoo Yes there are venin, now got back to class on her forehead."

"That doesn't mean she'll kill us. We can make her believe our story. She'll want to if I'm the one telling it." Violet said.

"And I'll back her. We might not see eye to eye, but when Violet and I back each other, she usually listens." Lily said.

"You don't think she'll kill you? Vi, she threw you into the Riders Quadrant!" Brennan said.

"Yeah, she did, and guess what? I became a rider. She may be a lot of things, but she won't let Colonel Aetos or even Marham kill me or Lily without evidence." Violet said.

"Brennan. You didn't see her when you didn't come home. She was devastated." Lily said. Brennan's hands bawled into fists.

"I know the atrocious things she did in my name." Brennan said.