Jealousy

Chapter 6

Jealousy

It was a few days before they were going to be doing practice with the Gauntlet. Lily was excited to try it out. It was the weekend and the third years had decided to throw a party to celebrate one of the Wing Leaders birthdays. Everyone was invited including the First Years.

Lily sat at the table with her friends as music played in the background. It wasn't too much. Tzipporah had slipped into the chair next to her as Dain joined them as well. Ridoc, Swayer, Aurelie, and Rhiannon sat with them as well.

"You guys ready for the Gauntlet?" Tzipporah asked.

"I'm ready." Lily said, taking a drink from her mug. The alcohol tasted sweet.

"Same here." Aurelie said. The others nodded.

"Just remember there are ropes to grab so you guys don't fall." Dain said. Violet looked nervous but didn't say anything. Lily looked for Garrick and saw him sitting with the Marked ones, but next to Xaden. Lily took another swig of her alcohol.

"Watch what you drink. Don't want to get too much." Tzipporah said.

"It's a party. You gotta have some fun." Lily said. Tzipporah sighed. There was gonna be no stopping Lily. She was still hurting with what Garrick had told her. Tzipporah didn't blame her.

"You know. Garrick still has that bruise where you punched him in the face." Rhiannon said. Lily just smirked.

"He got what was coming to him." Lily said.

"You know we wouldn't care if you and the Squad Leader got together." Violet whispered.

"Well except Dain, but who cares what he thinks." Tzipporah whispered. Lily chuckled.

"I know. But I don't know what to do." Lily said. Tzipporah and Violet share look and both grins.

"Ask Ridoc to dance." Violet whispered. Couples were dancing out on the dance floor. Lily looked at Violet with wide eyes.

"What? No." Lily said.

"You want to make Garrick jealous?" Tzipporah asked. Lily thought for a minute. "That's one way to get him jealous."

"Ridoc." Ridoc looked at Lily.

"Yeah, Lily?" Ridoc asked.

"Want to dance?" Lily asked.

The whole table jumped as the mug that Garrick was holding shattered in his hand. Xaden looked at his friend. Garrick wasn't looking at any of them but at the dance floor and he looked pissed. Xaden followed his line site.

"Oh shit." Liam said, seeing why Garrick looked like he wanted to murder someone. Lily was dancing with one of the first years. She looked like she was having fun.

"Garrick. Calm down." Xaden grumbled.

"Looks like she is getting cozy with the first year. What's his name?" Imogen asked, looking at Liam.

"I think its Ridoc. He's kind of a smart ass." Liam said.

"Not helping." Xaden hissed at them.

"I think it looks like." Brohdi started and Lily leaned up and kissed Ridoc. "Well shit." Garrick was up on his feet. Xaden groaned.

'This isn't going to end well.' Xaden thought.

Lily had felt Garrick's eyes on her. Ridoc knew what she was doing. He saw the two eying each other.

"You know you're going to get punched." Lily said as she pulled away, spotting Garrick heading for the dance floor.

"It'll be worth it." Ridoc said with a dazed look. Tzipporah and Violet were watching as Garrick was storming towards Lily and Ridoc.

"I'm gonna feel bad for Ridoc." Tzipporah said.

"It will be worth it. I think he knows." Violet said as Garrick reaches Lily and Ridoc. They flinch as Garrick's fist collides with Ridoc's check. "That's gonna leave a mark."

"Travis!" Dain yelled, standing up. Violet and Tzipporah stop him. "He can't do that."

"Just leave them." Tzipporah snapped. Dain raised an eyebrow.

"Garrick. What..." Lily said as Ridoc held his check. Garrick turned on her. Lily's eyes widen seeing that there was anger in his eyes. Garrick grabbed her arm and pulled her to him. Dain's jaw dropped as Garrick kissed Lily in front of everyone. Xaden shook his head and took a swig of his drink. Lily wrapped her arms around Garrick's neck as her friend's whistle and cheer as she returned the kiss. Ridoc couldn't help but smile. Garrick pulled away and smiled at her.

"Let's get out of here to talk." Garrick said. Lily squealed as he threw her over his broad shoulder. Violet saw her sister happy as Garrick headed for the door. Lily grabbed two mugs of alcohol from a table as they passed.

"Damn. Garrick is a lucky man." Brohdi said. Xaden was watching Violet and not listening.

Garrick came out on the balcony where they had their first kiss. He set Lily down with ease.

"Want some drink?" Lily asked, holding out the mug. Garrick took both mugs and set them on the railing. Lily looked up at him. "So."

"I'm sorry for being an asshole this last month." Garrick said. Lily crossed her arms, gently. Garrick came closer and took her face in his hands.

"I care about you, Lily, a lot. More than I have any other girl. Would you be willing to give me a chance?" Garrick said.

"I'm a first year, you're a squad leader? You know people are going to talk." Lily said, looking in his brown. "Plus, I'm a Sorrengail."

"Screw what people think, and I don't care. Let people talk." Garrick said, rubbing her check. "Besides. I think your friends will be on your side. Xaden might not be happy, but he'll get over it." Lily smiled.

"I'm willing to give us a chance." Lily said. Garrick leaned down and kissed her. Lily returned it. The stars shown bright down on the two. The stress and anger all gone as they kissed under the stars.

AN: There you go. Got the two together. Hope you liked. Now onto the Gauntlet next chapter. Till next time.