First Time Flying

Chapter 11

First Time Flying

The next morning. Violet and Rhiannon were talking when Lily's door opened. Violet and Rhiannon turn to see Garrick coming out of Lily's room. Lily came out behind him, checks flushed. Both had huge smiles on their faces.

"Looks like I wasn't the only one that got lucky." Rhiannon said.

"Hey ladies." Garrick said smiling at Violet and Rhiannon. Garrick turned to Lily. "I'm late for a command meeting. I'll see you at breakfast." Garrick pulled her into a kiss. Lily melted into the kiss. Garrick walked away. Lily turned to see Rhiannon and Violet smirking at her.

"What?" Lily asked as they head down the steps.

"You got lucky last night?" Rhiannon nudged Lily. Lily blushed. "You did!"

"I did. I feel sore." Lily grumbled.

"Xaden is not going to be happy he is late." Violet said.

"Not my fault. We just couldn't stop kissing." Lily said with a smile. Ridoc soon joins them and wraps his arms around both Lily and Violet.

"Good morning, ladies. Or should I say riders?" Ridoc said.

"It's definitely better than dead. Where's your relic?" Violet asked.

"Right here." Ridoc said, lifting the sleeve of his tunic up to reveal the brown mark of a dragon silhouette on his upper arm. "I see Lily's is on her arm as well. Where's yours?"

"Can't see it. It's on my back." Violet said.

"That will keep you safer if you're ever separated from that massive dragon of yours. I swear, I thought I was going to shit myself when I saw him on the field. What about yours, Rhi?" Ridoc asked.

"Somewehre you'll never see." Rhiannon explained.

"You wound me." Ridoc said, slapping a hand over his heart. Lily and Violet chuckle as they move through the commons and into the gathering hall and get into the line for breakfast. Oren was on the other side of the counter. He was glaring at Violet. Lily and Violet skip his station and grab some other food. "Asshole. I still can't believe they tried to kill you."

"I can. I'm the weakest link, right? Unforunately for me, that means people are bound to try and take me out for the good of the wing." Violet said. They head for the Fourth Wing section and head to a table that had four extra seats.

"Mind if we.." Ridoc starts.

"Absolutely! It's yours." A couple guys from Tail Section scurry off the bench.

"Sorry Sorrengail." Another said as they leave the table. Lily and Violet share looks.

"Well that was fucking weird." Rhiannon said as they all sit at the table.

"Even weirder?" Ridoc said, gestering across the hall towards First Wing. Jack Barlowe is being squeezed out of his table.

"What the hell is going on?" Lily asked. Jack moved to another table.

"How the mighty have fallen." Ridoc said.

"Hey, Sorrengails." A girl from First Wing said, walking by.

"Hi." Violet said. Lily saw Garrick and Xaden heading for the command table. Xaden didn't look to happy.

'You get chewed out?' Lily asked Garrick in their bound.

'He's not happy. It was worth it though.' Garrick said, shooting Lily a smirk.

"She hasn't spoken to me since I took one of her daggers in that challenge." Violet said.