Chapter 13

As it turns out, I did in fact have a hard time believing that I would be glad that we did things this way. My ass was still sore when I went to school the next day and as I was working. Jill seemed concerned that I was not willing to move around as much, but I tried to tell her I was fine.

After work, Dad and I ate supper together on the couch, where I leaned on my side to keep the pressure off my ass.

"Surely you're not still sore?" Dad asked, concerned.

"Uh, yeah," I replied, taking a bite of my burger.

"Really?"

"Yes," I rolled my eyes.

"Are you bruised?"

I gave him an exasperated look, "Do you need to see for yourself?"

"Maybe, Andrew. I've never spanked you before. I don't know how this works. I would appreciate it if you cut me some slack."

"I could ask the same of you," I shot back.

He gave me an annoyed look, "All I used to give you was slack and look at what happened!"

I rolled my eyes again, starting to get off the couch, "It's not like I got arrested or anything. Kyle just got busted, which in turn, busted me."

Dad heaved a heavy sigh, "You could have been killed, Andrew. That is more serious than getting arrested."

For the millionth time today, I rolled my eyes in response.

"Roll your eyes at me again and see what happens," he warned me icily, "I am worried about you and I am trying to have a civil conversation."

I froze, realizing I had pushed my dad to his limit, "I'm sorry. I don't mean to be disrespectful."

His expression softened, "I know that you are upset with what happened, but that doesn't give you the right to be disrespectful to me or belittle the seriousness of the situation."

I nodded, "I understand. I'll try to be more respectful."

"I just want you to be safe, Andrew."

"I know. I'm sorry."

"Thank you. Now finish eating and then you need to call Jill. She is worried about you," Dad told me.

"With what phone?" I snapped, "I'm still grounded from mine!"

"Andrew Oliver!" Dad raised his voice, "You just promised to be more respectful. Get your ass over here!"

I froze, once again, having pushed my dad to the limit. Without any good reason to argue, I sat my plate down on the arm of the couch and shuffled over to him. He had set his plate down and scooted to the edge of the chair. He grabbed my arm and guided me across his lap, scooting me forward so that my sit spots were in prime position to be swatted.

"Dad, come on. I'm sorry," I protested weakly, squirming slightly.

"Enough, Andrew. I have given you more than enough warnings today," Dad replied, leaving no room for argument.

Feeling a mix of embarrassment and resignation, I settled into position, bracing myself for what was to come.

A moment later, my father's hand came crashing down on my backside, delivering a series of ultra-stingy swats. I winced, feeling the soreness from earlier reignites.

"You're going to stop with this disrespectful attitude, right now. I have had enough of your lip. From now on, you will be spanked every time. Do you understand me?"

As his hand began falling even harder, I realized how serious he was. He truly was fed up.

"Yes sir. I understand. No more attitude," I muttered, tears falling from my eyes.

"Good because I will not be tolerating it anymore. You know better."

With a final swat, Dad released me and helped me to my feet. My hands flew to my butt, trying to rub the sting from the sore flesh. I swallowed hard, feeling a mix of humiliation and regret.

"I'm sorry," I whispered, "I can't seem to get it right."

Dad sighed heavily, "Andrew, I need you to understand something. Everyone makes mistakes and I know that this new arrangement is hard. I'm not expecting you to be perfect. In fact, I expect you to mess up many times. It's part of being a kid. But, I need you to expect to deal with the consequences of your actions. I care about you and I want you to learn from your mistakes."

"I understand. I'll try to do better," I replied as I wiped tears from my face.

Dad stood and wrapped his arms around me, "That's all I ask kiddo. We're in this together."

I managed to give him a weak smile before I turned around, "I'm going to go to my room for a bit."

"Okay. You can for a bit but I still want you to call Jill later. You can come get my phone when you are ready."

I nodded, grateful for Dad's understanding. I made my way to my room, my ass still stinging from the recent spanking.

After some time alone, I was ready to call Jill. I really wanted her to baby me but I didn't want her to have to come here and there was no way that I was riding to her house on my sore butt.

Dad was waiting in the living room when I came down the hall.

"Hey Bub, feeling better?"

I nodded, "Can I use your phone to call Jill?"

"Of course," Dad handed me his cell phone, "Take your time."

I dialed Jill and as the phone rang, I realized she might have words for me as well. I hoped not. I felt chastised enough. My butt tingled at the thought.

After a few rings, Jill picked up, "Hello?"

"Hey, Jill, it's me," I started.

"Hey, baby. How are you feeling?" Her concern was evident in her tone.

"I'm okay, Jill. Things got a bit, um, complicated, but everything is okay now."

"How is your bottom feeling?" she asked knowingly.

A blush crept up my cheeks as I considered Jill's direct question, "Um, it's a bit sore," I admitted sheepishly.

"Aww, you poor thing. I wish it didn't have to hurt."

"I'll be okay, Jill. Thank you though."

"I'm always here for you, baby. Come by and see me soon."

"I will, I promise."

With a sense of relief, I ended the call with Jill, feeling a mix of gratitude for her concern and embarrassment at having to admit the soreness of my bottom. Returning my father's cell phone, I retreated back to my room, hoping that the discomfort would soon fade away.

As I lay on my bed, I reflected on the events of the day. Despite the embarrassment of being spanked by my dad again so soon after the last one, I couldn't deny the sense of closeness and understanding that had emerged between us. I knew that he only wanted what was best for me, even if it meant delivering some tough love along the way.

Deep down, I knew that I needed to take responsibility for my actions and learn from my mistakes. I resolved to do better, to be more respectful, and to make smarter choices in the future.

The next three weeks were likely to be hellish, but I knew that we would make it to the other side in one piece, I may just have a sore ass.