Chapter 10

The next morning when Jill came to wake me up, she climbed into bed with me and wrapped her arms around me.

"I just love having you here," she told me as I rubbed the sleep from my eyes.

As discreetly as I could I wiggled out of her embrace. I could not stand to have her arms around me at the moment. It was too much. As I stood by the bed, I noticed her questioning look. I made up some excuse to use the bathroom so that I could get away from her.

After Jill left me alone in my room last night, I couldn't get my brain to shut up. Jill and Charlie should never have had to deal with me last night. I should have been getting the belt from my dad and my mom should have been the one to comfort me. It never should have been Jill and Charlie. It's not fair to them and it's not fair to me. I love them for stepping up for me, but I never want it to happen again.

I turned on the shower and let the water wash over me, hoping my anxieties would wash away with the dirt. I was not looking forward to facing anyone today. As I got out, I realized that I would have to wait for Dad to get here with fresh clothes for me to put on. I went to put on my underwear from yesterday before I realized that I hadn't even looked at my ass.

I turned to the mirror to get a good look. It was still faintly pink, but with as bad as it hurt, I expected it to be bruised. I put on my underwear and dried my hair with my towel. A few moments later, someone knocked on the bathroom door.

"Hey, bub, I got you some clothes," Dad's voice came through the door, "I'll leave them by the door and I'll meet you downstairs."

His tone was weird though, almost sad-sounding. I didn't dwell on that thought for long though. I was ready to be in clean boxers. I opened the door and grabbed them, slipping them on quickly. I fixed my hair one last time and went back to my bedroom to grab my things.

When I got downstairs, everyone else was at the table drinking coffee. There was an empty mug in front of my seat and I took it upon myself to pour some coffee in it. Not many people my age take their coffee black, but that is about the only way I will drink it.

"Hand me your plate," Jill instructed.

I handed her my plate and watched as she piled fried eggs, potatoes, and bacon on it.

"Do you want some toast too, sweetheart?" she asked.

"Yes please."

When she handed me my plate back, I asked what time it was. I didn't have a watch or my phone and none of Jill and Charlie's knick-knack clocks were accurate. I still had half an hour before we even had to leave for school.

Not being much of a morning person, I did not try to converse with anyone. I ate my breakfast in peace and left the conversation to the others. By the time I was finished rinsing off my plate, it was time to go.

I went over to Charlie and Jill and hugged them both goodbye. I felt awful that they were forced to put up with me all night and I wanted to get back in their good graces.

"Thank you," I whispered to them, even though I really just wanted to say that I was sorry.

"Love you, baby. Have a good day at school. We will see you soon," Jill called as I walked out the door.

Dad and I were silent until we got to the school. Something was clearly on my mind and I assumed he was deep in thought as well.

"We're going to have a long conversation when we get home tonight," he warned me as we pulled in.

I just nodded my head.

"I'll pick you up at lunch and you'll be coming back to work with me. I have some little things to keep you busy until it is time to go home."