Search & Destroy

Depuis le début

"I'm sorry little birdy, but I cannot be your friend. I refuse to remain among the people. The dirty people who have split my family apart... the moment we drank that drink, that our disgusting butler offered us, everything was taken away... My siblings were taken from me. My heart has been cleaved asunder. And I shall never recover it's pieces. Not unless my dear brothers and sisters are found.." Zircon confessed, as he cupped his hands full of seeds for the bird.

The bird chirped enthusiastically while it filled it's belly. It then cocked it's head to the side, widening it's beady eye at the human who fed it, before fluttering away in an instant.

"Hmph, farewell.. little birdy." Zircon bespoke, as he closed his windows and began cleaning them.

Nighttime

"It seems someone is hunting us." an entity uttered.

"Yes... according to Tatahid's report. He was the only survivor." their companion replied.

"What INSOLENCE! How arrogant do you have to be to dare stand against the Origin! We are the apex! And once we locate Dharun Tarheen, it's people shall be our playthings! OHOOOOOH!" the entity squealed with ardour!

"Ha! That's right! That's why we have to track down our little trouble maker. We know he has hair similar to that little girl, right Bayis?" their companion said.

"Indeed Maleun! He looks just like Scarlet. Had Fashal just killed her when he discovered her latent Qudra could harm us... Sakar wouldn't have killed him for showing mercy to other than the Origin." Bayis replied with a hint of sadness that perforated through her hard, haughty heart.

"Nevertheless, Fashal can be considered a worthy sacrifice! We know now that there are seven of them. Seven voices that must be silenced before they mature into our biggest bane!" Maleun affirmed.

"Make that eight. The one hunting us is said to have a voice that burns and eyes of vermilion. He is obviously hunting us down to protect the seven. We will deal with him eventually. For now we deal with the immediate. I've discovered the location of one of the seven siblings! He is a loner who hums a wretched tune that gives life to the earth. I will deal with him personally... you continue the search for the others. Nothing must impede Sakar's search for our leader Dharun, or Hakeem's extermination of any lingering Anaikas!" Bayis declared.

"Mmmmm, make sure you make him beg for his life before snuffing him out!" Maleun said as her amber pupils gleamed with malevolence.

"Oh, it will be my pleasure..." Bayis uttered whilst licking her lips.

At once, the two dispersed in separate directions, like arrows of evil shot into the night.

Meanwhile, a determined detective forged through the forest until he came to an inconspicuous cabin. The oil-lamps were ablaze with an empty cold glow...

"(Huff, huff!) I've finally found something! Those footsteps from the mansion are all too similar to the ones throughout the forest that led me here. And it looks like someone's home too, just in time for some Liason style interrogation." the dauntless detective bespoke, as he caught his breath.

'SHOOM!' In the blink of an eye, the oil-lamps were extinguished and the verdant haired man appeared before him.

"Leave this place at once! I don't need your dirty self, treading mud anywhere near my cabin." Zircon demanded as he fixed his white gloves.

"So this... is Zircon." Liason whispered. This was the first time he had seen Zircon all grown up. The verdant eyed man had a face of stern beauty and a perfectly sloped nose. His eyes were cold yet caring with a slight glower. His jade hair perfectly flowed to the back of his neck like stilled pristine waters, whilst several dignified locks strayed downwards, partially covering one of his eyes. He wore a verdurous, floral pattern jumper that had flared cuffs and a white garment underneath. His trademark white gloves, sheathed his hands and his outfit was complete with woody trousers and dark green boots.

"Why do you know my name?" Zircon inquired.

"You ask me that, yet show not a single sign of surprise nor fear? Impressive. Chromia raised you well." Liason said

"Chromia..!? Why do you know my mother's name?" Zircon demanded to know.

"Woah there, I've got some questions of my own ya know." Liason rebutted, showing his detective badge.

"OHOOOOH! Indeed boys, indeed! I've got some questions of my own!" a woman bellowed as she descended from the sky high trees, swinging a double ended mace around.

"Sh-she doesn't look human, look at her eyes! Her pupils are slits! Like a cat! And that sickly amber glow!?" Liason stammered in fright.

"And who, are you?" the verdant haired one asked. Completely unmoved by her unearthly appearance.

"Hmhmhmmm, well aren't you the stoic? Trying to look brave in front of your little friend?" the intruder taunted with a decadent giggle.

"No... I don't know him. Now hurry up and leave." Zircon doubled down with a fierce glare.

"Leave? But you didn't even get to hear my name yet. she teased. "My name is Bayis... it means, miserable. You could say that all those who see me.. end up miserable both in this life... AND THE NEXT!" she roared, before charging at her prey!