Search & Destroy

_________________________________'Tup, tup, tup

'Tup, tup, tup.'

"It's been several long years... where does the time go?" a suited man pondered, as he knelt down to examine a footprint. "The guys back at the office believe this is a cold case... dead in the ground. But I, I just can't seem to let go of it. Call it an obsession, if you will. But I, Liason will conquer this cold case. The murder of the famous singers and songwriters, Chromia and Dusk Alzali. Reports say that their bodies were blown to pieces, although there was no sign of shrapnel from an explosive..." Liason muttered to himself as he took photographs of the Mansion's entrance.

"Their butler-maid and his motley crew swear that it was that Vermilion voice guy. And eye witness accounts did testify to witnessing a strange figure lurking up in the trees, the very same night the murder took place... Samples of his hair were also discovered, but they were much further from the mansion, too far away from the crime scene for it to have been him? Yet, he is the only one who is known to have strange, explosive powers. The so called, Qudra." Liason continued.

The solemn detective took off his top hat and held it over his chest as he sighed deeply, whilst fiddling with the toothpick in his mouth. "Chromia... I'm sorry. Hmph, not much good those words will do you now though, huh? But still, I am. I never did solve that separate case of yours. I was just a rookie back then. I believe even your husband didn't know... about when a piece of trash had his way with you.." Liason stopped and gripped his hat tightly in grief.

"It's just to much, he was never even brought to justice. He's probably still scurrying these streets like a cockroach! Whilst your kind soul has departed before it's time... you even kept the kid from that... incident. Although, the world only knows you have seven children, I wonder how you hid the eighth? Well, I guess technically he's the first.. Right, that's enough talking to myself, I need to get on with my investigation!" Liason affirmed, as he opened the mansion doors and  scanned the expansive living room.

"I don't believe it! Was there always a massive tree here!? How can this be? AH! These foot prints match the ones that were outside! And there's a green strand of hair too! Hang on Chromia, Dusk! I think I've finally got a lead!" Liason exclaimed, before darting out of the mansion.

Far off, deep in the woodlands nearby, a solitude soul hummed a mesmerising melody of the sweetest sorrow. Everywhere his voice touched, caused greenery to grow like a blessed wind. Skittish animals gathered and ancient trees swayed to his stirring tune.

"Looks like you found me.." the man said to a curious deer, as he stroked it's snout. "Ack, and now you've covered my clean white gloves in your hairs... you'll have to excuse me..." the man continued, as he removed the dirty glove and retreated back into a wooden cabin he had erected. That man was Zircon. He had become a recluse of the forest...

"It's only been but a day, but it feels like a thousand years have passed since then..." Zircon lamented. Just then, a blue bird flew in through his open window and landed on his shoulder.