I am all alone...

_________________________________

Deep in the distance, forlorn, woebegone eyes cast their glassy gaze through the shattered windows of Scarlet's bedroom. Undetected. Imperceivable.

"Scarlet!? Scarlet, wake up!?" Ivory pleaded, as she knelt down beside her, shaking her with a desperate gentleness.

"You'd best get away from her... lest she fells you too." Sable forbode, before trying to pull Ivory away from Scarlet.

"DON'T TOUCH ME!" erupted the snow eyed beauty.

Sable's eyes boldened with rage. "How dare you yell at me like that..." he growled threateningly. His grip tightened, slowly crushing Ivory's shoulder.

"Release her.." Zircon commanded. He had a silent authority within the group that could reign in, even one as wiley as Sable.

"Yeah... she slapped me earlier and you don't see me crying about it! Get off of my modelling partner right now!" Kunzite demanded!

"One day Zircon... I will see your snooty face writhing in pain as I smoosh it into the dirt. For now, I will comply..." Sable brooded internally. "Fine... have it your way, Zircon..." he conceded aloud, as he strode sinisterly towards Zircon, until they were eye-to-eye; staring each other down.

The whole room was hushed as they all watched the tense standoff. Zircon remained unfazed, his face like stoic steel.

"After all, we all need to stick together in these trying times.. You never know when someone might STAB you in the back. I certainly wouldn't want to lose you, Zircon. After all, if you died, who else would there be... to always get in my way." uttered the wolf eyed wile, as he slowly swaggered past Zircon with an ominous smile. Which soon morphed into a bitter scowl, the moment he left the room.

"Um-guys, did you hear something?" Sienna abruptly asked.

"What?" Indigo replied.

"It's like, someone whispered something." Sienna revealed.

"I heard it too!" Ivory confessed. "Just now, it was a voice. A faint, teary voice..." she added.

"Right! It said something like 'goodbye mother' and then it uttered something about Scarlet." Sienna divulged.

"What!? 'Goodbye mother'!? What does that mean? Is there someone else here besides us!?" Indigo fretted.

In that moment, driven by instinct, they rushed towards the broken windows! "LOOK!" Kunzite exclaimed.

For, concealed within the shadowy network of tree branches, lurked an inconspicuous figure. It's eyes staring back at the siblings like that of a cat's at night. 

"HEY!" Kunzite yelled. But the figure didn't respond.

"Look at his eyes! I've never seen any that colour before!" Ivory remarked.