13. WHO IS SHE?

~Atlanta~

  She glared daggers at the girl and the bleeding boy next to her. A small cloth was placed on his head, where he bled uncontrollably. Although the two had never truly met each other, they stayed by one another as if that was their only life source.

  Kids! Not only did Edge harm adults in her arena, but children too. These two could not be older than fourteen. So young, and yet forced to live under a corrupted law.

She killed Droplet Tribe, and now she planned to kill what was left of our world.

  Edge merely laughed at the girl; like she was delusional. "Atlanta? Who is that? Some Droplet-freak?"

  "But—" Hidden piped up. Quickly, this Queen shut her down. She stalked toward her, and looked down.

  Her hight difference helped to terrorize whoever dared question her power. She wore heels to extend this. Like everything else she wore, it was spiked, and ranked of blood.

  Never her blood, though. She somehow always remained unharmed. No matter what came her way.

  "Shut it." She yanked on the chain, and pulled Hidden towards her.

  The boy, still shivering there, made a move to get up. He was so weary. So hurt. He couldn't even manage to get up.

All from Edge.

All from her corrupted ways.

  She tossed Hidden aside, like she was no more than a piece of trash. Just like her name, Hidden hid. Just like the young girl she is. Does being a child make a person weak too?

  "If you dare disrespect my words, I will have what will happen to that traitorous boy happen to you, as well." She flicked a loose strand of hair off of her shoulder.

  "Understand?"

  Like a loyal dog, she nodded.

  "Yes, I heard you, Your Majesty." I say, wiping my eyes and getting up. I walk a bit forward, closer to the wicked witch. I've never called someone a wicked witch before, but my former friend matches the definition of it.

  "I have a question, Your Majesty," I begin, with emotions of all kinds building up in me. I didn't wait for the witch's response, before I asked my question, "Did you brainwash me?"

  "Brainwash you?" Edge seemed baffled, but this was yet another lie. A way to maintain power. "I did nothing of this washing of the brain. Kawasumi, are you alright?"

  Meanwhile, Hidden crawled back to the boy. Wasn't he named Mus? She sat down, ready to go back to her new lifestyle of just watching. The skin around where the chain clutched her, looked raw and painful. The wound would probably get infected sooner or later, if left untreated.

  I smile one of my typical old smiles at my former friend. I walk closer to her, still keeping that smile on my face. Everything has changed so much.

  "I'm sick of your lies." I snap, and slap my late friend across the face. I knew she would hate me for it, as the person who she is now, but I had to do it. At the moment of impact, I watched the queen fall to the ground, unconscious.

  Hidden slowly got up. The boy pulled her back down. He seemed so fearful at what would happen if Edge got back up.

  "Is she..." She mumbled. Hidden looked astonished at how someone was able to take down this Queen.

  "Dead?" Mus finished.

  Hidden nodded. She stared at Atlanta with suck fear. They were both wondering if she'd do the same back to them.

  "She's unconscious." I reply, looking at the queen, "Not dead."

  My hand began to quiver. My lips began to tremble. I wasn't used to this new world. I... never got to say goodbye. Futilely, I try to calm myself. My attempt came to no avail. 'I'll just take a position in the cast.'

"One of you can kill her," I mumble spontaneously, then I admitted, "I don't have the willpower to. I can't bring myself to kill this Queen."

  The idea of this Queen being a former friend of mine crept into my head, urging for me to side with her. But she wasn't the friend I once had. She was a... monster. I too was transformed into a monster. Even if I was brainwashed, I have been personally responsible for the killing of many to just please this Queen. I can't tell if I'm a hero or a villain.

  I realize that I have been acting quite serious and unlike myself just now. Perhaps it's because my emotions are too major. I simply couldn't tell. I appeared quite dangerous now.

  "I won't hurt you." I tell the boy and Hidden, with earnestness reflecting in my eyes. I had no intention of hurting other people, after everything that has occurred. I wasn't in the mood for hurting others, as I've just been attacked from a barrage of forgotten memories. I draw in a breath before I point to the window and continue, "Let's flee. Now."