25. THE QUEEN'S THEATER

(Awhile later)

~Myeong-Jun~

The harsh smell of dust and blood lingers around. Parts of the this... building has collapsed. This is the arena. "Her Majesty's" arena.

  A large cage hoists up two of her prisoners who will fight. Myeong-Jun and Ken'ichi.

  Edge clasps her hands together, "Welcome to the show, my people of Sun Tribe."

  Cheers go out through the crowds. They seemed excited for this. Excited to watch death.

  "Today, two dangerous criminals, one still with abilities, will be fighting today. Ken'ichi and Myeong-Jun!" She declares, and as she finished, the gate below releases.

It drops the two into the pit where they will fight. To the death.

  "Ew," I say out loud, "This place stinks."

  I look around the arena, remembering the first time of which I had witnessed battles in the arena. Where of which, I had witnessed Atlanta/Kawasumi end the lives of many. As if that scared me.

  "Wait, deadly? Me, deadly?" I repeat Edge's words. I fake a smile. That was quite the compliment, in a 'grateful' manner, I thank her, "Thank you, I will take your compliment to heart."

  I look ahead to see the opponent of who I was facing in this.... Place of which that 'queen' treasured. To my utter disbelief, to my utter dismay, I recognize the person as Ken'ichi. While I was happy to see him, I was also upset to see him. By the end of this, one of us would find themselves dead. We would be separated.

  The cheerful side of me runs up to Ken'ichi, completely defying and ignoring the 'queen', and the people around. I jump on him, and wraps my arms around his neck. I hug him, in front of the audience who yearned to see blood be shed. Or at least, appeared to yearn to see it.

  "Ken'ichi!" I yell practically out loud, allowing for everyone to hear me call out his name. He doesn't say anything, but he lifts with his arms. I see him smile, smile a smile of pain. Him and I embrace, right in from of that 'queen.' I didn't care about the boos for the audience, or the annoyance coming from those who wanted a show. It didn't matter that I was in the arena. I've... just been so worried over him. It was a relief to me to see that he was alright... for now.

  Like as though there was nothing else around us, I focus my gaze only on Ken'ichi. I drop, and my feet land on the ground. I turn around, away from Ken'ichi. I couldn't... look at him.

  I walk towards the wall of which held the weapons. I take a small knife off of the wall. I walk about, till I looked directly up at the 'Queen,' "If I were to end my life here and now, what would become of Ken'ichi," I ask, trying my best to keep myself from cracking and breaking, "If I were to do anything you wished for, what would you do to us?"

  I ignite a blaze in my palm, keeping it as minimal as possible. I wished to burn that 'queen', to watch her rot and become nothing more than dust, like that 'friend' of mine. I decisively chose to threaten that 'queen.' I point my flame towards the ground, threatening to ignite it and damage her prized arena. It wasn't much as a threat, but I could hardly do anything. I also point the knife straight at her, prepared to fire at her when needed. I planned to serve as a shield to Ken'ichi.

"Awh, so little Myeong wants to stand up for her man?" Edge teases, "Well, people came here for a fight, so a fight is what they will get!"