2. "WATCH OUT!"

~Hidden~

She and a boy around my age, stand out significantly from most of the people I see. I wonder what she's howling about.

She pointed to the guards approaching Ken'ichi and Myeong-Jun. 'Oh no..'

She scowled sickly. "Kawasumi! Get over here, I need you to spy on those two. I do not want this to fail."

At the moment Edge had spoken those words, Kawasumi had arrived, kneeling. She nodded, "Yes, of course, Your Majesty." Then, she was gone. She had gone off to spy on them.

One of Her Majesty's guards lunged past the strange-looking girl who had just told Myeong-Jun and Ken'ichi where they were. A clearing was soon made, as no civilized person would want to get into the mess that would ensue.

  "Get them!" She practically screeched. Hidden covered her ears.

Ken'ichi fell back behind Myeong. He seemed to be tugging her sleeve, urging her to flee with him. Myeong, on the other hand, wasn't interested in fleeing.

Her hand slid behind her back, and reappeared with a blade. Myeong looked ready to massacre the guards.

She pushed herself forward. Her eyes were wide to watch what would happen.

The boy beside that girl who had alerted the two of the dangers reached out to tug on the guard's hem of his shirt sticking out. Maybe to distract him.

'A little dumb. That might get him killed.'

Myeong's eyes drifted towards the guard nearing in on them. After a few seconds of waiting, Myeong slit the guard's throat. Then she raised her sword at another guard, threatening to kill that guard too. Before she made her move, she abruptly halted. Myeong put away her sword, and grabbed Ken'ichi's arm. Together, they began to flee.

Her Majesty's face went through multiple emotions. Once the two began to run, she grinned in victory.

Hidden had a feeling though. Like the one that kept her from loosing it here, but stronger. The hope that something would change here. A new light amidst the destruction of this world, although now running away from her entirely.