8. ANGER

(A little while later)

~Hidden~

I stay by the window, like some princess trapped up in a tower. I can sense Her Majesty nearby. She had gotten very upset at my.. incident not too long ago.

I gently go to touch the burns on my arm. Instantly, I wince, and only get some of the sticky honey on my fingers. One of the kind servants knew a thing or two on medicine, and applied some to the burn.

I remember, only a little over a year or two ago, if being so scared of Her Majesty's weapons — Not to say I am not anymore, I definitely still am — However, after so many burns, hits, or clawing with those strange long nails, it gets easier to numb out the pain.

I suppose my effort and sacrifice to get that boy out of trouble did work. The guards went the wrong way, he went back home safe, and I can't help but feel like I might see him again.

'Stupid Hidden,' I scowl to myself, 'stupid daydreaming,'

Well, there really is no more time for making up fantasies because-life-here-is-so-damn-boring, as Her Majesty strides back into the room. A permanent glare she has taken to the liking of, still rides on her face.

I wonder what would have happened that night when the storm came in, if that stupidly loyal servant didn't grab us as we were falling. I honestly don't know what he was thinking; when working with Queen Edge, you always end up dead in the end.

Now, I know if that didn't happen, that neither Her Majesty, nor myself would be here today. We would both be dead from the tall drop. I also know that this world would still slowly be collapsing on itself, from lack of resources and life. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad though, because Her Majesty wouldn't be around.

"Hidden." She suddenly snaps, immediately making me look up. "Have you seen Kawasumi?"

I close my eyes, and shake my head. No, I have not. I'm not lying now. The cold chain that I now wear, which won't allow me to leave this room, is tugged by her as she yanks me to her. I try to hold back my wince, but fail.

"Are you lying, Hidden?" She mutters in my ear.

I look her in the eyes, "N— No, Your Majesty, I haven't seen her,"

"Oh, alright then." She pats my head, in a way to be friendly I suppose, before throwing me to the ground like I am just a piece of trash.

'I guess I am,' I think wearily to myself as I pick myself back up from the ground.

She starts to mutter something, and then began to pace about the room. I watch her with worried eyes; more worried for me than her. I don't want her to lash out at me again. Then, Her Majesty storms out of the room.

A few moments after Her Majesty left the room, the door yet again opened.

Kawasumi entered the room. Her eyes searched around the area, as though she was looking for someone or something. It didn't take a while before she asked, "Where is Her Majesty?"

"Uh, she just left," I feel like laughing.

Suddenly, the door swings open. Her Majesty is standing there, looking, or trying to be looking, fierce as ever. She wears her crown with a gem of each former tribe, and a golden gem in the center for Sun Tribe.

"Kawasumi," She greets, and grins.

In an instant, Kawasumi fell into a kneeling position. "Yes, Your Majesty? What is it that you need? I'm at your service." She says.

"Do you know where Ken'ichi and Myeong-Jun went?" She tilts her head; still smiling.

Kawasumi shakes her head. "I am unaware of Myeong-Jun's and Ken'ichi's whereabouts. A boy and a girl did claim that the two were at their house, but then they claimed that the house was for some reason, destroyed."

She scowls, and states simply, "So, you lost them?"

"Yes, I did." Kawasumi replies, apologetically, "Please forgive my foolishness, Your Majesty."

"Hm," Her Majesty hums as she flicks her hair off her shoulder.

I watch by my seat beside the window. I am resting my head on my good arm. My burnt arm rests on the windowsill. There hasn't been this much drama in a while — Especially drama where I am rooting for a side to win.

After a minute of pondering on what to do, she speaks up again. "Just this once, I forgive you." She states, "But, I want you to get the boy or the girl, so I can question them. If you cannot do this simple task, there will be consequences."

Then, she strides over to her large desk, and plops down on the red pillow on the chair. She, for once is gently, as she pulls open a drawer. With her long fingers, Her Majesty draws out a large bunch of fliers.

I remember her showing these off to me a couple days ago. This is old news to me; the Queen is just raising the stakes for catching both Myeong-Jun and Ken'ichi by 200%. This increase includes another not-ruined home, an even larger plot of land to farm on along with some cattle, and a couple buckets of fresh water.

I know this will sell. I know people are desperate now, just for anything fresh, and for a safe home for their family. I know that at these stakes, people will not think twice about bloodshed.

Her Majesty hands the fliers out to Kawasumi. "Distribute these to your squads; I want these pasted on every single wall of our great city."

The Queen pats her shoulder, and sends her off. "Long live our free country!"