13. Invitation Along with Fire

Start from the beginning

"But we don't even know the place! What if it's dangerous!" Cale complained, he was trying to sent him to an unknown planet? Of course Cale would refuse!—

Bang!

The door swung open violently. They all turned over to the person who opened the door so energetically, it was Choi Han.

Alberu regained his calmness before speaking, "Choi Han, what seems to be the problem for you to suddenly interrupt us in the middle of our talk?" He was trying to hide his unpleasant, twitching smile.

Choi Han sweated, he had unconsciously slammed the door open after hearing that Cale was going to be sent to a faraway planet without any protection. "I-I— I'm sorry!" He apologized quickly. "I overheard your conversation by accident." His eyes teared up as he admitted to his doings. "B-but! How can you send Cale-nim there?!"

Cale was thankful at least Choi Han was on his side. "So—

He was interrupted again as a maid from the end of the hallway yelled out for his majesty, Alberu's, name, "your majesty! The Astral Express is at the front gates!"

After the Astral Express's first encounter with the locals here, news had spread like wildfire, naturally everyone already knew of their generous help in the war.

The trio flinched, 'they're back?!'

"Let's go." Alberu got up from his seat and walked out of the room as the other two followed. "You're excused." He told the maid.

.

Alberu started to make small talk, "greetings to the Astral Express crew. It's been awhile since we last saw each other, hasn't it?" Alberu smiled brightly.

"Indeed, it has been quite a while." Mr. Yang spoke. "We've been through many journeys since then. I'm sure you've also had as many as we had."

"Things have gotten a lot better than before, all thanks to you guys' generous help." Alberu was using his glib tongue again, "if it hadn't been for the Astral Express, I wouldn't dare imagine what could've happened instead." A mini sun formed behind him, radiating his smile.

Mr. Yang gulped. He had met many people in his lifetime, and as many people like Alberu. "It's nothing, I'm glad we could be of help."

"How could you say that?" Alberu chuckled, "even a small advantage can flip the whole chess board over." He kept going on and on and on with Mr. Yang who just tried his best to keep up with him.

Cale just silently watched the two chatter.. until he was interrupted by a remaining stare from Dan Heng, "is something the problem?" He asked him.

Dan Heng flinched, getting back into reality. "Ahem.." He faked a cough before regaining his cool.

His actions reminded Cale of a cat... Now Cale had a man who acts like a dog and a man who acts like a cat.

"I heard you received an invitation from The Family to attend their celebration." Dan Heng spoke, "the Astral Express also got an invitation just like you guys." He paused. "That's why we're here currently.. we were hoping to invite the selected guests, who are going to the celebration, to travel along with us to Penacony." Dan Heng tried hard to not show his interest in Cale's answer.

Trailblazer and March cheered on for Dan Heng in the background, eyes filled with flames, both their pair of hands holding tightly onto glow-sticks, a headband wrapped around their foreheads with what seemed to be Dan Heng's and Cale's name written in a thick bold font.

Of course, Cale did not see this extremely unpleasant sight as his back was faced toward them. But Cale felt uneasy for what's next. He had an eerie feeling.. why did he feel so uneasy to reply?! Why?! Cale couldn't pinpoint what it was, but he certainly felt like he was about to choke on his own saliva if he wasn't careful with his words! "Ahem.." Cale slowly regained a bit amount of courage, enough to reply at least, "if you suggest so, it would be pleasure to. But it seems that we are still currently deciding who would be going."

The fiery flame behind Cale's back grew larger the moment he replied, why was it more getting worse?! Did be mess up?! But he agreed?! Why was no one talking?! Cale was being burnt alive in the pit of anxiety.

"Ahem." Mr. Yang interrupted the silence, "so it's been decided you will be traveling alongside us for this one journey, it is my pleasure to be your accomplice." He held out his hand.

Cale shook the hand, "us too." Cale was extremely thankful to him for getting him out of that situation, if it had been just another second, he didn't think he could've stayed there any longer.