Chapter 5

Troy's Dust Shop, Argus

Nichole placed a huge crate on the floor and sighed. "That's the last of them."

Moving those crates was such a hassle. Thankfully, the shopkeeper was there to help her out.

After that whole fiasco at the WF club, Nichole was left with a huge sum of dust crystals. Anyone would've kept the crystals for themselves if needed, but she had no use for them. She wasn't much of a dust user anyway.

The Schnee Dust Company was the next natural place to send the crystals, but the office was closed for the holidays, which presented a challenge. The red huntress could've waited for them to open up again but that would interfere with her plans. Besides, she didn't want to risk the WF finding her and the crystals. It's best to hand them over to someone who can make sure they get them back to the company safely.

"I'd say you found yourself quite a load there, little lady," the shopkeeper whistled, scanning all the crates. "And they're legit too? We're going to make a huge profit after the holidays! Where did you say you got them from again?"

Nichole laughed at the shopkeeper's astonishment. "Found them on the side of the road. Sealed up and everything."

She found it annoying that she had to lie. If she told him that she had "obtained" the dust crystals from the White Fang, she wasn't sure how he would respond. The elderly man would most likely view her as an agent of the group or as a vigilante of some kind.

"I guess I was at the right place at the right time." she smirked, shrugging.

"Hmmm, probably."

Nichole sensed the doubtness in his voice and got a little scared.

The old guy, however, seemed to see things from his perspective as he nodded to himself, which eased her feelings.

"Alright, I'll make sure to deliver these to the SDC when it reopens." Troy spoke, dusting his hands off. "You have yourself a happy holiday, okay?"

Nichole saluted to him, smiling. "I will, and you do too."

As she walked out of his business, the shopkeeper gave her a little wave.

Nichole hopped into the pickup truck and opened up her scroll to check the time.

Perfect. Right on schedule. I'll be able to catch that boat ride to Vale if I keep it up.

It seems a bit unbelievable that she was already heading out of Argus. It felt like yesterday when she arrived in the snowy city. She isn't able to stay in one place for too long, though. How will the huntress spread her cheer and joy all around Remnant that way?

Excitement filled her as she returned to Eddie's store. When she arrived, her possessions were already there. Keijo was asleep in a spare room, tired from the "rescue mission" and Eddie was having a cup of tea.

"Leaving already? I thought you were going to wait for one more day?" the blacksmith asked, taking a sip from his tea.

"Yeah, I decided to leave at night to avoid being caught by the White Fang." Nichole replied, stuffing all of her belongings in a red bag. "If I leave later, I'll have a huge target on my back."

Her logic caused Eddie to tap his chin. "Wouldn't they be patrolling the streets right about now?"

"Not really, it will take them a whole night to figure out that someone stole their dust crystals. They wouldn't do a proper search until the morning after."

The blacksmith pondered the answer that was given. That does make a little sense for the WF to do that. However, the organization is also known for being unpredictable and not showing mercy for anyone who dares to defy, steal, or attack them.