Chapter Two - Settling In

𝗔𝗮𝘀𝗵𝗮 𝗬𝗲𝘂𝗻𝗴

On Sunday morning, I woke to the most excruciating pain I'd ever felt. Still in a dreamlike phase, my brain wave state was somewhere between alpha and theta. It felt like someone was stabbing me in the stomach and simultaneously wringing my organs. Wringing as though they didn't want any blood left on it. The culprit? My period.

As soon as I became aware of what was happening, I jumped out of bed, clutching my stomach, and rushed to the bathroom. I was bleeding heavily. Luckily, it didn't leak on my bed. It is always heavy on the first day. I forgot to buy pads at the grocery, and I also needed some medicine. I must have the lowest pain tolerance ever recorded in human history.

I take a shower, brush my teeth, and get dressed. Until I could buy pads, I used toilet paper as a substitute.

On my way home yesterday, I passed by a street with a variety of shops. I pulled up maps online to see if there was a pharmacy nearby, and there indeed was. Fortunately, it's right in my area. I picked up my keys and headed out, knowing it would be just a short walk.

If you're wondering why, of all people, I don't have medicine, it's because I only use it when absolutely necessary. It's true—I work in a hospital—but I don't believe in medicine to the extent that they educate us on. Hear me out.

From my experience, I believe that if we eat the right food, we won't become sick or have complications. I believe that food is the leading cause of disease. Right now, society is drifting further away from what is natural. However, my opinion is not widely accepted. You can't really change people's thinking, especially the elderly, who have been living a specific way for all their lives.

As they say, you can lead the camel to the water, but you can't make it drink. Although I can't make someone change if they don't want to, I can still be of assistance along their journey.

Yes, the healthcare industry has importance since it genuinely contributes to survival and the prolonging of lives, but it doesn't always have to go that far. Though, it's nonetheless evolving and improving, there would be far fewer instances of disease if we ate naturally. I'm simply here to assist those who truly need medical intervention and have worsened beyond the stage of natural treatment. Since they are already here, I want to help them at this stage.

It takes me five minutes of walking to get to the drugstore. The street was enchanting and humble, giving off a local vibe. I walked in the door and a man who appeared to be in his late 30s or early 40s—possibly a little younger than my parents—was standing behind the glass counter.

My mum and dad were forty-two and forty-four respectively. Don't let their young appearance fool you, we were blessed with those Asian genes. My dad is Chinese, while my mother is of North Indian descent. They're also in excellent shape. My mother is a small woman, and people frequently ask me if she is my sister.

The man greets me politely as I approached. "Hi good day how can I help you?"

"Good morning, could you give me some Aleve painkillers, NyQuil, and whatever non-drowsy allergy tablets you have please?" I planned to use the painkillers, but I wanted the other two in case of an emergency. I rarely get sick, and by that, I literally mean once or twice a year at most.

"No problem."

He turns around, getting what I requested and made some small conversation.

"Are you from around here?" he asked, "Because we mostly only see locals here," he continued but in a non-judging way.

"Nope I actually just moved," I smiled.

"Well, welcome to the neighbourhood. Its small and everyone knows everyone," he said measuring out the tablets since it was not prepackaged in the dosages.